I have been getting and 800040200 error all day now is this a bad update?

xbox-one

I have been getting and 800040200 error all day now is this a bad update? I have rebooted the Xbox One multiple times, uninstalled and reinstalled the plex app. Every time I start the Plex app it stalls then gives the error 800040200 message. Suggestions?

When googling 'xbox 800040200' the only result from the xbox support is this article:
http://support.xbox.com/en-ZA/xbox-one/errors/error-code-0x80bd0006

It's a different error code then what you're posting, but no other article matching the 800040200 comes up and a search through the microsoft support site doesn't have any results either. And the xbox live status page shows everything is up except NBA2k18 which shouldn't be affecting apps.

I apologize the correct error is 80040200. It is still occurring making the Xbox app unusable.

Check this out...
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mobiledevices/forum/mdwindows-mdapps-mdversionother/how-do-i-fix-the-error-0x80040200/ab89e0da-004a-4528-9f3b-d8c7f42d94cf?auth=1

for all those on this forum there is a way to fix it as found recently by someone on twitter for error code 0x80040200.
What you will need to do is go to settings and in your console settings there is a button to "Reset Xbox" click it and it will present you with 3 options: reset everything including games and apps; reset and keep my games and apps and cancel.
Go ahead and click reset and keep my games and apps, it will keep all saved data on every game including worlds. And finally you need to just go back and reset up your Xbox with all your preferences and networks and such. And next time you click on Minecraft Better Together Update beta it should work so long as you have done it all correctly.

Hope this helped! :)

Yep, That did it but you lose ALL your Xbox settings! It acts like a brand new install. Review your settings before your reset or be sad like me, you have been warned.

@AuldPhart said:
Yep, That did it but you lose ALL your Xbox settings! It acts like a brand new install. Review your settings before your reset or be sad like me, you have been warned.

With the latest xbox update you can backup a lot of your settings to an external device. Might be worth doing that before reset just to make it easier. If you're not already an Xbox insider, you can easily join and the updates are close to production ready so not much risk in getting the latest updates.