I'm sorry but you don't seem to have any media in your plex server

alexa
voice-control

Ive just linked up an Echo Dot to my plex library and not having much luck so far.

First it said it had problems connecting to the skill right now, b ut i think that was because my server was running a vpn client. ive disabled that and it kind of work now for some commands.

So saying, "Alexa, ask plex to play music by the chemical brothers" sometimes works, but asking much else I get "I'm sorry but you don't seem to have any media in your plex server"

I obviously do have music and movies indexed and working fine, but Alexa thinks I do not.

Any ideas?

I am having the same issue.

Same issue here after upgrading plex server to Version 1.9.4.4325. Wiping skill, deleting device and starting again not helping!!!

Nvidia Shield as player, PMS on remote server

Edit, if I ask to suggest something it says no media, if I ask to play something specifically alexa says now playing XXX enjoy the movie, but it doesn't actually play.

EXACT same issue here, I am using Plex on Linux Version 1.9.4.4325. Tried wiping the skill, re-enabling it, didn't work. The only commands I actually got to work were pause and play and playback controls when the movie was already playing.

Have the exact same problem, only Alexa is able to find my music library dough.
But no luck with the Movie Library.
When asing "Ask Plex... What´s new" She can find all newly added movies. But When trying to play one of these titles, I got "You don´t seems to have anything in your library"

Same. I can sometimes get it to tell me whats on deck and then when it asks me what I want to do next I can choose one of those shows. But sometimes it tells me I don’t have any media.

Hopefully they sort a fix out soon!

I am having the same problem anyone found the answer ?? Thanks

Brand new to PMP since finding out it works with my Alexa (and also since I'm having a DEVIL of a time getting Alexa to play nice with my Kodi -- but THAT'S another story for another day). I'm sorta happy to hear others are having the same issue I am ("no media", when clearly there is). It does appear to only happen with music for me, but I found that if I ask for a specific song, it'll play that BUT ONLY if I phrase it in the manner it's saved in the library. Also, I can't ask it to play a specific artist by name, I had to ask it "to play music by the artist XYZ". For instance, I wanted to hear a specific song by Emmylou Harris. If I ask "Satan's Jewel Crown" it'll play that, but not if I say "Play Satan's Jewel Crown by Emmylou Harris". However, I can ask it "to play music by artist Emmylou Harris", and it will play her catalog. An annoying workaround, and too much work for what should be an easy command. Doesn't recognize the artist "P!nk", but I'm guessing it's because she has an apostrophe in her name because Plex will play a specific song if asked by title.

YAWN

back to using the remote now since 98 percent of the alexa voice commands aren't working and says there is no media.

Same issue. New items found, will play if asked ie " Play IT" but aske for plex to suggest something alexa tells me I have no media. PMS - Windows Player ATV Gen4

Having the same issue. It will play media if asked for the exact title (movie or song/artist), but replies with the ... you don't seem to have any media... if I try to "play some music" "recommend" etc. I hope to be able to shuffle my library of songs while doing chores (playing video games) etc.

Thanks for any attention to these bugs.

+1 ............................

Have I missed an answer to this yet :)

Nope

Marcus

Same problem here. It says I have no media. Very frustrating. I have lots of media

Similar issue for me after updating server to 1.9.6.4401

What is working:

Asking to play a movie or TV show by title
Ask Plex what's on deck
Ask Plex what's new

Pause
Play
Resume
Stop
Previous
Next

Play music by [artist name]
Shuffle music by [artist name]
Play the album [album name]

What isn't working:

Asking Plex to play the song [song name] sometimes responds "I'm sorry I couldn't find song xxxx on your Plex Server. You can ask to play something else or ask me to suggest something" (note: when this does occur the song does in fact exist and Can otherwise be played by asking to play songs by the relative artist)

Asking to suggest anything I get the following response "I'm sorry you don't seem to have any media in your Plex Media Server..."

Play season 1, episode 2 of [TV show title] "I'm sorry I didn't catch what you wanted to play, try asking again."

@iPseudoNym said:
Similar issue for me after updating server to 1.9.6.4401

What is working:

Asking to play a movie or TV show by title
Ask Plex what's on deck
Ask Plex what's new

Pause
Play
Resume
Stop
Previous
Next

Play music by [artist name]
Shuffle music by [artist name]
Play the album [album name]

What isn't working:

Asking Plex to play the song [song name] sometimes responds "I'm sorry I couldn't find song xxxx on your Plex Server. You can ask to play something else or ask me to suggest something" (note: when this does occur the song does in fact exist and Can otherwise be played by asking to play songs by the relative artist)

Asking to suggest anything I get the following response "I'm sorry you don't seem to have any media in your Plex Media Server..."

Play season 1, episode 2 of [TV show title] "I'm sorry I didn't catch what you wanted to play, try asking again."

Good description. Exactly my experience as well.

The Alexa/Plex skill seems to suffer from very limited wording. I also can't enable Alexa to just "play music" in general... I get the "you have no media on your server" response, unless I ask for a specific track name or artist. I grouped some tracks by tags ("Ask Plex to play pop music") and tried that, and it didn't work either. This skill needs more work by its progammers.

I am having the same problem as everyone else. Strange thing is I remember it working very well when it was initially released but haven’t used it in a while and now it doesn’t work at all.

Same issue here. Alexa skill or server seem to need a patch :(
Would be nice to get some official confirmation that this is a bug...