Issue opening Plex (PlexMediaServer-1.12.1.4885-1046ba85f-OSX.zip) on OSX High Sierra 10.13.4 Beta

server-mac

I am having an issue opening Plex Server (PlexMediaServer-1.12.1.4885-1046ba85f-OSX.zip) on OSX High Sierra10.13.4 Beta (17E190a). I can download Plex the zip file without issue and extract the app without a problem. When I go to open the app I get the usual warning about the developer. The Plex icon flashes into the menu bar and then disappears within 1-2 seconds and the server never opens. I have run this with and without my VPN active as well as trying a few other scenarios with the same outcome. I have operated my Plex Server on this system for several years without issue. If this is a beta issue with my current version of High Sierra I can understand that however I would like to know if anyone else has had this issue and if so is there a work around?

Same issue here.

Some logs would be very useful.

https://support.plex.tv/articles/201643703-reporting-issues-with-plex-media-server/

Just downloaded PMS for OSX (running High Sierra 10.13.4). Open App, get warning about developer… Plex icon flashes in menu bar then disappears.
Further attempts to run the app show no signs of the app in Activity Monitor.
Can’t provide logs as the server isn’t running.

Fixed! Permissions were wrong on the Logs folder, which wouldn’t allow creation of the “Plex Media Folder”

Verified this by opening Terminal and using the following:
cd /Applications
./Plex\ Media\ Server.app/Contents/MacOS/Plex\ Media\ Server

This gave a “Permission denied” error