Latest 6.17.0 Update has broken Plugins playback capabilities

android-mobile

I've noticed that the latest 6.17.0 update for Android has broken playback capabilities for content from Plugins. Anything I try to play will show a 'Unable to play media' error. I've noticed this behavior on both mobile and Android TV.

That’s happening to everyone since 6.16… going back to 6.15 works like a charm. I would like to help debugging but I suspect plex team is working on it…

This is the second time this has happened in the last few weeks, first the Chromecast app update broke the ability to cast Plugins/Channels and now that is fixed the Android app itself was updated and broke Plugins/Channels. How no one in the dev team checks this during testing/QA is beyond me?

I sideloaded 6.15 but I still can’t load any of my vides on my Sony Bravia. They just hang and eventually gives an error that the server cannot be found.

@“itsame,mario” said:
I sideloaded 6.15 but I still can’t load any of my vides on my Sony Bravia. They just hang and eventually gives an error that the server cannot be found.

What do you mean with “my videos”? Videos from your own library or videos from Plex plugins? I ask because this thread is about plugins.

How does one roll back to a previous Plex version on a non-rooted Android phone? (Samsung S5/Marshmallow 6)
60-70% of my Plex usage on mobile is 3rd party plugins, this is driving me crazy)

@JamminR said:
How does one roll back to a previous Plex version on a non-rooted Android phone? (Samsung S5/Marshmallow 6)
60-70% of my Plex usage on mobile is 3rd party plugins, this is driving me crazy)

You can uninstall the version of Plex you have installed and download the APK from the Release Announcements section of this forum. The last working version for plugins is 6.15.2. I did that on my phone and disabled auto-updates on Google Play until its fixed. That’s the only workaround for now.

@stickyiki said:

@JamminR said:

You can uninstall the version of Plex you have installed and download the APK from the Release Announcements section of this forum. The last working version for plugins is 6.15.2. I did that on my phone and disabled auto-updates on Google Play until its fixed. That’s the only workaround for now.

Just make sure you don’t forget to disable auto-updates. Got me twice before I remembered to do it

Thanks @stickyiki and @banancanard
(I already have auto-update disabled - I just unfortunately hit ‘update all’ in this situation. I guess with Plex, I should always wait a while - getting to be the same way with server too it seems, sadly)

Has this been fixed yet?