latest build 3.53.7 issues

Updated last night (June 13th) to latest build and got an alert on my PS4 Plex app that my streaming was now indirect? I have not changed any settings, all running on my home network, everything worked great before the update. My media is now playing at a much lower quality even though the source files on my Mac are excellent. What should I do?

@clay5destroyer said:
Updated last night (June 13th) to latest build and got an alert on my PS4 Plex app that my streaming was now indirect? I have not changed any settings, all running on my home network, everything worked great before the update.

3.53.7 is the Web build, not PMS. I'm guessing you meant PMS 1.13.2.

There is nothing specific in the PMS update that would break something. It's possible your IP changed and PMS hasn't updated that info for your clients to retrieve. Try restarting PMS, then restart your PS4 app. it could also be your router lost the UPnP configuration and it may also need a restart. To prevent this in the future, use a manual port forward and a static IP for your server.

My media is now playing at a much lower quality even though the source files on my Mac are excellent. What should I do?

That is expected. Since you do not have a Plex Pass, the quality is limited to 1 Mbps with the indirect connection.