LG - WebOS 3.5 - factory Plex player app does not show any live TV content or options

smart-tv

Is this normal? I have a supported Hauppauge WinTV dual installed and working fine for Plex web and IOS clients, but the built in (factory store) Plex client for LG does not show any Guide or 'what's on now' or anything related to live TV. If I use the LG WebOS browser (which is like the worst browser ever) and navigate to the server IP directly, effectively as a Plex web client, it's there. Horrible experience in that browser to basically unwatchable, but at least the option is there and it does work. Is there some sort of limitation in the LG Plex app that disables live TV from being streamed to it, or am I going nuts? Thanks in advance for your help.

Panoz

Neither does X-Play work for this. Is this a feature, lol? The only clients that seem to work are the Roku Plex app and the IOS app. I feel like I missed something somewhere. Thanks for any help.

Live TV is not currently supported in the LG app. This is something we’re working to support in the v2 app.

@markus101 said:
Live TV is not currently supported in the LG app. This is something we’re working to support in the v2 app.

Awesome. Thank you for the response.

Any idea when this v2 will be released? My app says it’s Version 2.1.0 but my app seems to be missing a lot of features present on other devices.

I’m hoping for this answer as well - I’ve reported bugs in the new interface, subtitle transcode setting missing (this is the cause of the subtitles causing videos to fail to play), as well as interface issues. .… some sort of a timeline would be helpful…

Sorry the numbering is a bit awkward. I mean the Early Access app, which is currently version 3.51.1 and available to all users with webOS 3+ UHD TVs at this time. We’re looking to expand that to include webOS 2 UHD TVs as well (aiming for sometime next week, but that may change).

I can’t provide an ETA when the new app will be available on all LG devices.

subtitle transcode setting missing (this is the cause of the subtitles causing videos to fail to play

It’s not missing as much as it’s a current technical limitation, which affects most clients; it’s not limited to LG. We’re looking at what our options are to address this in a consistent, reliable way, I get that “we’re working on it” probably isn’t the answer you want, but it’s on our minds and we can’t provide an ETA on when it’ll be addressed.

Wish it was made clear the LG webOS TV OLED55B7T plex app doesn’t show live tv before I received the new hdhomerun quad tuner HDHR5-4DT(AU). Can’t even cast from android app like i can with a chromecast I have hooked up to a dumb tv in the bedroom. Good job! Plex as a whole (android apps included which is slow & buggy) is not a good solution for live tv.