LG WEBOS disable default subtitle

smart-tv

I have a LG TV with WEBOS but not only 4k is a problem, i saw the thread, i also have problems with subtitles. Every movie has default forced subtitles. Can i disable subtitle as default? Server and Plex App have Latest Version.

Is there a way to disable subtitles by default? The problem is that on LG WEBOS Plex need to transcode every movie with subtitles and my computer can not handle that.

Do you have a solution to disable the subtitles?

Unfortunately not

No setting in the app. You can change this behaviour on the server. Log in to server. Settings -} Server -} Languages

Works perfectly for me on LG webos 3

@RRo said:
Do you have a solution to disable the subtitles?

Wrong, attachment tells the story

I’m having this issue, I know it’s an LG webOS issue because same movies don’t show subs on other devices. It shows subs on all shows, movies, everything even when I have them shut off on the app and Manually selected on the server. The font it’s showing them in isn’t the same font Plex uses when I turn them on.

@jmail1 said:
I’m having this issue, I know it’s an LG webOS issue because same movies don’t show subs on other devices. It shows subs on all shows, movies, everything even when I have them shut off on the app and Manually selected on the server. The font it’s showing them in isn’t the same font Plex uses when I turn them on.

There are subtitle settings in your account also

@SE56 said:

@jmail1 said:

There are subtitle settings in your account also

Changed that to manual as well, still no go. I have them set to NONE on the settings and they still show up. Oddly when I select a Sub track they show up in a different font, but the original sub shows up on top of the new sub. This makes me think it has to be something with the TV. I have 5 other players, none of which show the subs.