Linux Mint Plex Mediaserver - Large library

server-linux

I am running plexmediaserver on a linux mint 17.03 machine, in the /var/lib/plexmediaserver there are two library directories one Library and Library.orig, in total these are 49gb in size so im hoping i can get rid of the orig one. Is this allowed and if so how, they seem to be protected from such an action so im guessing needed, just need to make them smaller.

@thegladfan said:
I am running plexmediaserver on a linux mint 17.03 machine, in the /var/lib/plexmediaserver there are two library directories one Library and Library.orig, in total these are 49gb in size so im hoping i can get rid of the orig one. Is this allowed and if so how, they seem to be protected from such an action so im guessing needed, just need to make them smaller.

You did create Library.orig yourself as backup. I suppose you tried to fix some issue and found a fix in another thread here in the forum. So if your server is working OK right now you can delete Library.orig, it's not used by plex (in the default setup): sudo rm -r /var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library.orig.

If I may augment? It sounds like a naming convention I use (Library,orig and Library.keep)

It is safe to completely remove it