Live TV

plex-for-kodi

Is there any plan at all to get the live TV to work in the Plex for Kodi app?

I don’t think this will happen any time soon. I’ve installed TV Headend on my Raspberry Pi through librelec. Although you have to exit the Plex addon and use the TV interface in Kodi it has proven bullet proof

This would make Plex even more a go-to backend since Kodi (and soon MrMC) could play Live TV without having to transcode like the Plex clients on a lot of devices.

@mwarcuri said:
Is there any plan at all to get the live TV to work in the Plex for Kodi app?

@NwbElectrical said:
I don’t think this will happen any time soon. I’ve installed TV Headend on my Raspberry Pi through librelec. Although you have to exit the Plex addon and use the TV interface in Kodi it has proven bullet proof

@timstephens24 said:
This would make Plex even more a go-to backend since Kodi (and soon MrMC) could play Live TV without having to transcode like the Plex clients on a lot of devices.

After a 9 month silence of any dev or ninja in Plex for Kodi we got a connectivity bug fix and a couple of sentences saying development hasn;t stopped. That was 2 or 3 months ago.
So one connectivity fix and a small paragraph in 12 months. What do you think your chances before 2019? :wink:

@HitsVille said:

After a 9 month silence of any dev or ninja in Plex for Kodi we got a connectivity bug fix and a couple of sentences saying development hasn;t stopped. That was 2 or 3 months ago.
So one connectivity fix and a small paragraph in 12 months. What do you think your chances before 2019? :wink:

Oh getting Plex to fix or change anything takes at least a year. But you have to start now so in a year @elan will show up and apologize and then 6 months later it’ll get added. :smiley:

Or once it gets into MrMC, we will start fixing issues and adding features and Plex for Kodi team can pull our fixes :slight_smile:

@mrmctv said:
Or once it gets into MrMC, we will start fixing issues and adding features and Plex for Kodi team can pull our fixes :slight_smile:

SO?? Does this mean that you have the ability to get this to work? I would donate to the project if it was a good solid setup!

Please give me Live TV in this app!!! This would really change the game!