Low volume on my chromecast

chromecast

Hi guys,

Was wondering if I am the only one there is havering low volume on my chromecast. I have to turn up the volume on my samsung eu40 d6715 tv at around 20-25 to have normal volume, but on netflix I can have it at 6-8 on the tv.

On my old 40 M87 samsung in the bedroom, here I can have the volume on 7-8 so what is wrong here?

New led = low volume on CC on old LCD = normal volume on my CC.

On my iPad I have set the volume to max, it don't change anything.

I am missing something here or is the something with the plex, and would it be possible for plex to increase the volume output for CC

Ozzy

+1 on this. I assumed it had something to do with the files I was casting.  Most anything I cast locally needs my sound bar at max volume where as netflix and google purchases are "normal".  If you find an answer to this annoyance please be sure to post here.

Not sure if iOS has it in the same place but if you go into Settings-Video of your iOS app you should see a setting for Audio Boost.
Turn it on and see if it helps.

If that does fix your issue please mark this thread as solved!

Sorry that don't help. I have set the audio boost to max, but this function is only when you play on the iOS devices it self.

Sheer dog, my issue is not related to the movie I am casting since I can see the same movie on my LCD TV with my CC and audio is normal here.

I want to 2nd this issue. I've noticed it for a while. Audio Boost is up all the way In my settings. Didn't think that would fix it since In assumed that would be iOS playback anyway.

Currently the audioBoost param isn't sent over to the chromecast from the Android app or IOS app (i'm speculating on IOS since I haven't gotten confirmation from James yet, but makes sense since you are reporting issues). The issue has been noted and this will be fixed. In the meantime, you can use plex.tv/web and audioBoost should work correctly. 

Thanks for letting us know!

Currently the audioBoost param isn't sent over to the chromecast from the Android app or IOS app (i'm speculating on IOS since I haven't gotten confirmation from James yet, but makes sense since you are reporting issues). The issue has been noted and this will be fixed. In the meantime, you can use plex.tv/web and audioBoost should work correctly. 

Thanks for letting us know!

Hi flynfish, :)

So let me get this right, if I on my ipad goes to my google browser and use the plex.tv/web should I there be able to get better sound to my CC?? and can you cast from your ipad using the google browser to your CC??  

Never thought on trying this :) 

So let me get this right, if I on my ipad goes to my google browser and use the plex.tv/web should I there be able to get better sound to my CC?? and can you cast from your ipad using the google browser to your CC??

No, he's referring to using the browser to cast from a regular "desktop" computer. The browser on your iPad (even the Chrome browser) won't be able to cast to Chromecast.

Thought I was the only one having this problem.  Cannot wait for this problem to be fixed.

I have the same problem.

I really hope there will be an update soon to fix this!

Same here. Audio boost doesn't change anything. 

Same issue here.

I have the same problem when using chromecast from the Plex iOS app...

I have the same problem  :unsure:

Same problem here... on Android with a couple different CCs.

Same problem for me.

Like mentioned in another post, I have the same problem at home.

I tested it with both Android and iOS, both of my devices have the volume set at the maximum with audio boost to huge.

I have the problem with my two televisions, Samsung and LG.  When watching something, I have to put my TV's volume to the maximum.  One of the Plex employee said in the other post that it might have to do with the fact that my TVs are saying that they can put 5.1 sound, but can only do in reality 2.0.

Need some advice to fix this issue please.

Thank you !

I also am having a similar issue, though instead of the audio always being low mine cuts out periodically. The video stream is fine and continues to play smoothly but the volume drops very low for a few seconds at a time. I've paused and skipped back the video and it still drops audio in the same spots. Any ideas?

Same.  TV's volume is maxed, audio boost is on, plex iPhone app's volume is turned up, iPhone volume itself is turned up, computer volume is turned up, advanced volume settings on the computer all maxed.....AND I logged into the forums to search for possible solutions.