manual upgrade to plex 1.9.4 on freenas 11

server-freebsd

I have searched for days and just cant seem to find what I'm looking for but I am trying to do the manual upgrade from 1.9.2 to 1.9.4. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Go to https://www.plex.tv/downloads/. Click the download link and choose your OS. Ensure Plex Pass Downloads is set to On.

It’s really a painful process to manually install from a download / much better off to wait the couple of days more that it’ll take for the port or pkg to be ready

I'm running plex on a FreeNAS box and from what I understand the plex-pass version is not available to download and is only available through a manual upgrade. Are there instructions for this process?

I just use pkg to install plexpass version but things haven't been updated recently. We need to update the port.

The Plexpass option is there - I use ports so it’s a process for me.
Portsnap fetch
Portsnap extract

Then to install ...
CD /usr/ports/multimedia/plexmediaserver-plexpass && make install clean

Updating is
Portsnap fetch
Portsnap update

Usually there isn’t a lot of time lost between the update being available to download and the ports and packages being updated as well, but it almost seems like it’s taking a bit longer for the last few updates.

Last update was September 26 to get it up to 1.9.2.4285

https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/tutorial-how-to-install-plex-in-a-freenas-9-10-jail.19412/

This is my favorite Tutorial. For Plex Pass just add "-plexpass" to the pkg installs and "_plexpass" to the service to start and stop it.

I believe he was looking for the upgrade to 1.9.4 - and we are all stuck waiting on that

And there it finally is ! 1.9.4 for regular folks and 1.9.5 (?) for plexpass

Freshports.org

for whatever reason ~~I'm unable to update from 1.9.2 to 1.9.5 via pkg update... says pkg is up to date.~~ meh, took a couple days after release to Freshports for it to be available.