In the hope that this client gets updated some day, here is some information regarding the bugs of the current Plex for Kodi client. Feel free to comment with suggestions / examples / log files.
Device - Odroid C2 running Raybuntu's LibreELEC-based Krypton V17 builds. (eMMC 8GB flash drive running OS)
AVR - Yamaha RX-V675 (5.1) via HDMI / CEC / ARC
Passthrough - AVR supports all codecs bar DTS:X / Dolby Vision. Enabled.
Burn Subtitles - Automatic
Local Quality - Original Quality
Remote Quality - Original Quality
~~Movies that contain multiple parts do not seamlessly transition.~~ **FIXED.*
- Upon leaving the add-on, 3 loading dots endlessly spin and does not return the Kodi homescreen. Force reboot required.
- Switching between managed users causes crashes at least 80% of the time.
- Add-on refuses to connect to the internet despite other addons display no issue i.e. HDHomerun yet returns later. SSL issue?
- "Playback Failed!" - Inconsistent and impossible to reproduce on the fly. Just happens intermittently for me.
- When pressing play on a stream, playback will not always start and sit on a orange background. Could be related to refresh rate switching.
- When scrolling along On Deck and new items load in, the artwork next to the newly loaded show turns grey intermittently.
FEATURES YET TO BE IMPLEMENTED:
- TV theme music.
- Pre-roll Video and Trailers
- Live Music Lyrics integration.
- Plex Companion.
- Label support.
- Chapter support.
- No Plex Companion support currently. Kodi remotes function as a workaround currently.
- No Alexa support due to above.