Messed up layout, bug?

apple-tv

When viewing movies UI layout is all messed up. Also and backing out to the main poster grid it does a choppy strange effect as it enlarges the poster again to signify what title you’re on. I also noticed some of the actors pictures are not showing, on actress that should.

I reinstalled PMS, it seem to have fixed it other than the weird animation with the posters. I will continue using and see how it goes.

The music section has also had visual glitches since last week’s update.

I’m having the exact same problem as the original post. The first image below shows the same movie as the original post, and you can see that it is almost identical. It is happening on a wide range of movies. I cannot pinpoint an exact date when we first noticed this, but I believe it was in the last week or two. Random sampling seems to point to it only happening on movies with a large number of studio credits, or possibly a large # of credits in general. In the case of Wonder Woman (the 2nd image below), the layout problem is actually interfering with the ability to select buttons (if you swipe to the right from Play, selection will actually drop down to the behind the scenes video below).

I have reinstalled the Apple TV app as well as the Plex Media Server, but neither has helped.

PMS: 1.12.0.4829
Platform: OS X 10.11.6
Plex App: 1.24.1 (8229)
tvOS: 11.2.6

I have this exact problem, except with various other films not mentioned above. My graphical issues definitely started with the most recent app update. While I don't wish to do it to my entire library, editing out some of the studio metadata does appear to resolve the overlapping layout, on at least one movie I tried. So. joeestes' metadata theory makes sense. However, even films that had no issues previously now show this bug with the recent update.

@fatherdad said:
However, even films that had no issues previously now show this bug with the recent update.

Yes. To be clear, the movies I posted screenshots of above were not newly added to my Plex library. They (and others) were displaying fine previously, but have recently suffered from this layout bug.

Are any of you seeing the weird poster enlarge animation when backing out to the main grid? I assume it's an animation they use to focus on the title selected but it is not smooth, very choppy when scaling looks horrible.

@"Allan Cameron" said:
Are any of you seeing the weird poster enlarge animation when backing out to the main grid? I assume it's an animation they use to focus on the title selected but it is not smooth, very choppy when scaling looks horrible.

Yup I do on grid view like “All Movies”, not on the Plex homepage

I hadn't noticed it until you mentioned it but I see it now.

@fatherdad said:
I hadn't noticed it until you mentioned it but I see it now.

Unfortunately you can now never unsee it lol let's hope they squash these bugs in the next update.

I'm not seeing this layout bug, but what is up with the Movie posters? Some(not all) are now grainy when going into the individual movie page. On Grid view the posters are fine, but then go into the movie and it's grainy.
You can see the difference on @joeestes post above, Batman and Napoleon seem fine on his examples, but Wonder Woman definitely shows the grainy movie poster.

Is this a known issue? On the same Plex version(latest), my AppleTV 4 has this issue, but my AppleTV 4K is just fine when comparing the same movies, so it seems to be an issue is with the AppleTV 4s. I'm also NOT seeing this issue on the iOS app or the Web app.

Anyone else notice this?

I have definitely noticed the grainy poster images in the movie detail pages, but wasn't sure if it was a new issue or if I simply hadn't noticed until recently. I also see the weird animation when backing out to the grid.

Came here in search of someone else experiencing the choppy poster effect. Very distracting..

Is it only an issue with larger libraries? (up to about 3600 in my collection).

Has anyone on the Plex team acknowledged the issue?

No devs at all have commented yet in this post. Not sure why. If there are reading it they should at least acknowledge. Smaller Library still have that weird poster animation.

@"Allan Cameron" said:
Unfortunately you can now never unsee it lol let's hope they squash these bugs in the next update.

Agreed! Came here specifically to see if this issue was brought up by anyone yet. Very distracting. I wonder if it is an issue with larger libraries? I have about 3600 movies in my collection.

Has anyone from the Plex team acknowledged this issue yet?

@HeirloomAudio said:

@"Allan Cameron" said:

Agreed! Came here specifically to see if this issue was brought up by anyone yet. Very distracting. I wonder if it is an issue with larger libraries? I have about 3600 movies in my collection.

Has anyone from the Plex team acknowledged this issue yet?

As I already said above it's not an issue with only large libraries. I have tried it with a very small Library, 12 titles total and still the same issue.

Updated to newest AppleTV version. Still broken. :|

The newest version of the Plex app, I mean to say.

The problem still persists in the new version for Apple TV. It is a pity that the developers do not pay attention to such a basic problem

As long as they don't fix the way they handle the Studios this bug will stay.
Previously (3 version back) evrything was fine

another problem is the fact i lost direct play from the Apple tV with all the latest server updates (keeping Version 1.10.1.4602 for now)

Plex team needs to fix such basic things before developing DVR and other unused features.