Moving Viewing Statistics

server-linux

I had to rebuild my Plex server. I shutdown the old server and crated a backup of /var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/ but restoring that did not work (more on that later if I can not get a new install working as I want it). I still have the backup but I recreated all my settings and started a rescan of my entire library for giggles.

Is there any way for me to restore just the users viewing history? It was keeping track of where I was for a bunch of stuff and I would rather not lose that.

yep https://support.plex.tv/articles/201154527-move-viewstate-ratings-from-one-install-to-another/

That imported three out of my ~25 On Deck items. I also got these:
Error: near line 3: UNIQUE constraint failed: metadata_item_settings.id
Error: near line 4: UNIQUE constraint failed: metadata_item_settings.id
Error: near line 5: UNIQUE constraint failed: metadata_item_settings.id
Error: near line 6: UNIQUE constraint failed: metadata_item_settings.id
Error: near line 7: UNIQUE constraint failed: metadata_item_settings.id
Error: near line 8: UNIQUE constraint failed: metadata_item_settings.id
Error: near line 9: UNIQUE constraint failed: metadata_item_settings.id
Error: near line 10: UNIQUE constraint failed: metadata_item_settings.id
Error: near line 11: UNIQUE constraint failed: metadata_item_settings.id
Error: near line 12: UNIQUE constraint failed: metadata_item_settings.id
Error: near line 13: UNIQUE constraint failed: metadata_item_settings.id
Error: near line 14: UNIQUE constraint failed: metadata_item_settings.id
Error: near line 15: UNIQUE constraint failed: metadata_item_settings.id

That makes sense but the error message does not tell me which id those were. I will manually fix those but I am not sure how.

Yes, I backed up the “old new” database before I did the import.

Edit 2018.02.03
People are reporting they are seeing my On Deck and Continue Watching histories. That is not right.

Why are they seeing my history and not others history? Perhaps because I am the admin and that first user is somehow treated special within the software?

Edit 2018.02.03
I got my hands on someone else’s login. It imported virtually nothing for this other user. A handful from my account and nearly nothing of the theirs. The ones that were imported for other users were wrong (they were mostly from mine but not all of them were mine).

This has caused many problems (1, 2, see above). Am I giving up on the idea of importing my old viewing data for all users and wiping the thing?