MrMC 3.6.0 with Plex for Kodi has been released

plex-for-kodi

Plex for Kodi fans can now enjoy it on the AppleTV 4/4K in addition to FireOS devices and the NVidia Shield.

Needless to say, python is back and more addons are planned to be included as well as more complex skins that require python based helper scripts.

what is the advantage of using mrmc over kodi?

Support by some of the best ‘retired’ xbmc/kodi devs around for Android and iOS/tvOS platforms :slight_smile:

Too bad he stopped working on SPMC best Kodi fork out there. MrMC when i tried it… crap to the bone, can’t customize a time, when you are a longtime Kodi user and used to possibility to change almost anything you like. The whole reason that only “MrMC devs” can add skins, add ons to the program is for me the reason i wont ever use it again.

Maybe its changed… but knowing Apple App Store guidelines its probably not.

@Francesco no advantage using MrMC.

Sorry but allowing users to install any addon they please will never be an option for MrMC. Kodi has become tainted because of the rampant influx of piracy addons. Even Google has started taking measures.

Permitting this would also result in getting removed from Apple and Amazon stores. So sorry, it’s just not going to happen. Continue to use Kodi if this is something you desire.

Well i see it is not available on my Sony Android tv so my question is quiet useless

@mrmctv said:
Plex for Kodi fans can now enjoy it on the AppleTV 4/4K in addition to FireOS devices and the NVidia Shield.

Needless to say, python is back and more addons are planned to be included as well as more complex skins that require python based helper scripts.

Hey sorry because I know this is probably a stupid question. I have a Shied and run Plex For Kodi. I seem to have issues playing back stereo files (I have a 7.1 receiver and any 5.1 and 7.1 have no issues). Tonight I read about MrMC and installed it from the play store. I love the performance and those same stereo tracks have no issues at all. I just have other issues… crazy “user” ratings (where on earth are they pulled from?). Also navigation is click city for anyone with multiple libraries, especially with the MrMC default skins. Video preview thumbnails that i have built up over the years don’t seem to be of any use?

So being totally new to MrMC what exactly does your post mean with regards to Plex for Kodi on the shield? Or are you simply saying that Plex for Kodi has been available for a while to people using a Shield and Fire devices and now you can use it on Apple TV thanks to MrMC? Or (as i hope) is there some integration that I’m missing between Plex for Kodi & MrMC on a Shield?

Please don’t take offence at my comments… there’s a lot to love about Plex for Kodi and there’s a lot to love about MrMC. They both truly excel at certain things and totally fail at others. Either way I was happy to buy the app and even if it doesn’t quite fit my needs yet, I’m more than happy to watch the app develop.

Thanks,
Dave.

No offence taken :slight_smile:

The 1st step was to resolve the tvOS/Siri navigation issues, that was done in 3.5.0.

The next step (3.6.0) to expanding the capabilities of MrMC was to bring back python support and to show this off we picked the Plex Addon as it contains lots of scripts and skin bits to make it work.

The upcoming 3.6.1 release will be a bug/feature fix for 3.6.0. Lots of tweaks and bug stomping.

3.7.0 is where the magic and fun will start to appear. We have several complex (configurable) skins targeted that our users have been asking for but as they required python support, we could not consider then in the past. In addition, a collection of helper addons are targeted.

Also, planned are Plex addon changes. One big change we are looking at is proper iPad/tablet support to get the Plex addon GUI rendering in the correct aspect ratio. And, depending on time and resources, expanding the Plex addon to include features that are present on normal Plex Apps but which are missing in the Plex Addon.

We make no bones about it, we are going after Infuse :slight_smile: We are multi-platform, our player is better, we have more capabilities and even support music and pictures which Infuse does not. Plus, we are much, much less expensive. When you get MrMC, you get it for life with all future versions. No silly subscription model.

Where we missed the mark was users just do not like (or just hate :slight_smile: the default Opacity skin which, by the way, was designed by one best skin designers around. We simply missed the desire of users wanting something that was very similar to the tvOS GUI :slight_smile: This will become rectified in 3.7.0.

@mrmctv said:

The 1st step was to resolve the tvOS/Siri navigation issues, that was done in 3.5.0.

The next step (3.6.0) to expanding the capabilities of MrMC was to bring back python support and to show this off we picked the Plex Addon as it contains lots of scripts and skin bits to make it work.

The upcoming 3.6.1 release will be a bug/feature fix for 3.6.0. Lots of tweaks and bug stomping.

3.7.0 is where the magic and fun will start to appear. We have several complex (configurable) skins targeted that our users have been asking for but as they required python support, we could not consider then in the past. In addition, a collection of helper addons are targeted.

Also, planned are Plex addon changes. One big change we are looking at is proper iPad/tablet support to get the Plex addon GUI rendering in the correct aspect ratio. And, depending on time and resources, expanding the Plex addon to include features that are present on normal Plex Apps but which are missing in the Plex Addon.

We make no bones about it, we are going after Infuse :slight_smile: We are multi-platform, our player is better, we have more capabilities and even support music and pictures which Infuse does not. Plus, we are much, much less expensive. When you get MrMC, you get it for life with all future versions. No silly subscription model.

Where we missed the mark was users just do not like (or just hate :slight_smile: the default Opacity skin which, by the way, was designed by one best skin designers around. We simply missed the desire of users wanting something that was very similar to the tvOS GUI :slight_smile: This will become rectified in 3.7.0.

Ah I totally missed looking in Program Addons.
I now have Plex for Kodi running inside MrMC…sweet.
However there has been a long standing playback failed error in Plex for Kodi affecting many people.
Only recently was a zip released that fixes the issue. However for some reason it has never been pushed to release.
Ruuk fixes the issue here https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/298096/plex-kodi-playback-failed-error#latest (3rd post from bottom)
Sadly the release in MrMC is the latest stable (understandable) . So I guess until ruuk pushes that zip file to a stable release myself and others are gonna be stuffed with PfK on MrMC?

3.6.1 will include current Plex addon additions. We will sort out version tracking in the next (after 3.6.1) release. Releases are rolling (waiting App Store review) so it is too late for any more changes to 3.6.1.

https://github.com/plexinc/plex-for-kodi/commits/develop , last commit was May 28th. All except Kodi v18 commits should be included into MrMC v3.6.1.

The ‘fix’ for playback failed error never hit their public repo. Until it does, nothing we can do except play diff games

This is awesome, just noticed you had done this yesterday. I switched over from Kodi immediately.

One small problem on tvOS is when scrolling through a playlist via the video playback OSD (like while playing a video that’s part of a playlist or a season) it will only move up or down one title at a time. You’ve done a lot of work to try and mimic the Apple TV’s native scrolling but it’s not working there. On Kodi I would scroll up or down and hold and it would start scrolling through them quickly, for MrMC there seems to be no way to scroll more than one title at a time on the OSD.

Also you should probably post this in the Apple TV forum, most people here aren’t using tvOS or Android to run Kodi

MrMC v3.6.1 has been released.

Any word on when 3.6.0 will be available for amazon devices?

@HTPC-14 said:
Any word on when 3.6.0 will be available for amazon devices?

Working on resolving the issue with Amazon.

@mrmctv said:
3.6.1 will include current Plex addon additions. We will sort out version tracking in the next (after 3.6.1) release. Releases are rolling (waiting App Store review) so it is too late for any more changes to 3.6.1.

https://github.com/plexinc/plex-for-kodi/commits/develop , last commit was May 28th. All except Kodi v18 commits should be included into MrMC v3.6.1.

The ‘fix’ for playback failed error never hit their public repo. Until it does, nothing we can do except play diff games

Hey mate . Looks like ruuk has pushed a version of PfK (with the playback failed error fixed) to the official repo.
So will this mean that it should be included when v3.6.2 is eventually launched.

@HitsVille said:

@mrmctv said:

I can’t find Program Addons anywhere. I could find Add-ons in the other skins but not in the default Opacity. However searching Add-ons for “Plex” I can’t find anything. Can you explain how to add Plex for Kodi to MrMC?

@nigelpb said:

@HitsVille said:

@mrmctv said:

I can’t find Program Addons anywhere. I could find Add-ons in the other skins but not in the default Opacity. However searching Add-ons for “Plex” I can’t find anything. Can you explain how to add Plex for Kodi to MrMC?

OK. Figured it out. Apparently I have MrMC version 3.5.0 on my Amazon FireTV 4K & there doesn’t seem to be any way to update to the latest 3.6.0 I even uninstalled then re-downloaded but still get version 3.5.0

@nigelpb said:

OK. Figured it out. Apparently I have MrMC version 3.5.0 on my Amazon FireTV 4K & there doesn’t seem to be any way to update to the latest 3.6.2 I even uninstalled then re-downloaded but still get version 3.5.0

Strange… The first post suggests it supports all Fire O/S. Which in turn suggests your device should be updating.

@HitsVille said:

@nigelpb said:

OK. Figured it out. Apparently I have MrMC version 3.5.0 on my Amazon FireTV 4K & there doesn’t seem to be any way to update to the latest 3.6.2 I even uninstalled then re-downloaded but still get version 3.5.0

Strange… The first post suggests it supports all Fire O/S. Which in turn suggests your device should be updating.

I just had a response from MrMC that it’s not available for FireOS as they are having problems with Amazon approving the app since they put python back. There are lots of customers of MrMC who own Fire TVs who are moaning on the MrMC support forum about this issue https://forum.mrmc.tv/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3992

yes, waiting on amazon :slight_smile: path forward has been approved but it takes time to get approvals in place before we can hit the ‘submit’ button again.