New app update - Missing libraries

ios

I got new Plex app update on iPhone and iPad. It has new interface with Home, Movies and Other Video at the bottom(along with other buttons).
For some reason I can only see ONE "Other video" library. How do I access all other video libraries that I have created in plex server? Both plex server and apps and totally up to date with new versions.

I have the same problem, Home Videos library files appear in Other videos library, Other videos don’t appear, but if I search I can find other videos. I tried to tap on More, edit, Home videos library doesn’t show up.

1. Navigate to the More tab.
  2. Select other videos.
  3. Click on the drop down menu located on the top left corner of the iPad or top middle for iPhone (small triangle).
  4. Select required library.

Unfortunately the V5 library system is very fragmented and counterintuitive. I really hate it.

as @Ardenus says…
https://support.plex.tv/articles/navigating-the-apps/

Thanks @tom80H, I still can’t find what I am looking for.
@Ardenus
Click on the drop down menu located on the top left corner (small triangle)
I don’t see anything on the left, in this lay out, I have 3 options,
turn off/on library.
re order libraries
Done on top right.
I don’t see an option to select required library, may be this is present in iPad but not iPhone?

@raghu01 said:
Thanks @tom80H, I still can’t find what I am looking for.
@Ardenus
Click on the drop down menu located on the top left corner (small triangle)
I don’t see anything on the left, in this lay out, I have 3 options,
turn off/on library.
re order libraries
Done on top right.
I don’t see an option to select required library, may be this is present in iPad but not iPhone?

The drop dow triangle for the sub menu on the iphone is located in the middle at the top.
(its located top left on the iPad)
Click the triangle that the red arrow is pointing at to access the sub menus.

This is such a dumb design. It’s so convoluted.

If i navigate to more (…) then i only get Photos, News, Podcasts, Plug-ins and Live TV to chose from - there is no Other Videos?

I‘m on latest iOS Plex version.

Hi @Ardenus thanks for getting back to me on this, I don’t see the drop down/arrow you are pointing to on my iOS app, I am sure I have the latest app, see screen shot attached.

I didn‘t see it in the first place as well on iPhone. As on Home screen it‘s missing the drop-down arrow (odd design decision).

Tap on „Movies“ in the bar below. Then on next screen you should see the drop-down arrow on the top bar now. Tap it and your movie/video related libraries should be there to chose.

Why this design decisions where considered necessary by the team, no one knows…

@aterbu still no luck, I will wait for next iOS app update to fix this issue.

The app went from nice and easy and quick to use to complete and utter trash.

OP I had the same problem jumping through hoops to access my libraries now.

I agree!

“Utter Trash”

We have our own libraries because we like to watch what we want when we want.

We don’t want to be told what to do like sheep.

All this can be fixed if the next URGENT update simply allows users to add libraries to the home screen. Then we can clear out all the Netflix inspired crap and get on with our own lives!

Plex iOS got an update today, “The more tab now shows the number of hidden types”
I was excited that now I can see my home videos & othe videos, still no luck, my home videos show up in other videos, other videos don’t show up, but if I search for video titles in other videos I can find them & play them.
I give up, is there an option to install older version of this app ?
How are others managing with this bug ?
Am I doing something wrong in my setup ?

I’m having the same issue.

In addition to my own movie library, I’m subscribed to two friends libraries.

On the iOS app, in the movies tab, when I click on sources, I only see their sources. The list has seven entries and none are mine.

The edit button does nothing.

I tried today with the latest update and still no go.

Finally I am able to see all my video libraries, I have to enable Movies in more section, if I don’t enable this then I can’t access Other Videos, it is strange that I can’t get drop down option at top left to select other videos if I enable TV Shows. I don’t know what fixed it and I am not thrilled with new UI choices made by Plex for iOS App, I am happy that I can access all libraries now.