New look app?

samsung-smart-hub

I've seen versions on plex run on newer samsung smart TVs and it looks amazing compared to the current layout of the app. Any ideas on if and/or when we may see a change?

Hi nicbruzzese
Unlikely I would say - the plex app in this forum (for 2010 to 2015 Samsung TV’s) was developed by Orca and is a rock steady app with lots of features. For health reasons Orca has said he will not be developing this app going forward - though we all hope his health improves - without him there wouldn’t be a Plex app for these TV’s.

The newer Plex app for 2016 + Samsung TV’s is being developed directly by Plex - there is a separate forum for it on these boards, and as you can see if you look at the forum has a number of issues and is not as full featured as Orca’s. Having used both I much prefer Orca’s.

I’m not 100% sure but I doubt that the Plex people are developing an app for the older TV’s when there is a perfectly good one already available?

kantblue

I’m not 100% sure but I doubt that the Plex people are developing an app for the older TV’s when there is a perfectly good one already available?

I am going to hope this is the case. My Samsung 2012 e-series doesn’t need anything newer when the one I have now isn’t broken … If it’s not broke, don’t fix it :neutral: