No Internet Connection server "Resource Loader Error"

apple-tv

Hi!
I'm using Plex Media Server Version 1.12.0.4829 for ReadyNAS and the latest AppleTV App build.
Frequently this NAS is at a premise with no internet connection.
While connected to the internet I have signed into the AppleTV app, and tested playing items, this works.
I also have added my subnet of IPs into the "List of IP addresses and networks that are allowed without auth" field.
Plex Home is off, and the server has a single user.

Later with no internet.
When I try to play items in the library, it starts and then gives the "resource loader error". The error message is very persistent and doesn't stay away, so you can't watch anything.

Is it now the case that Plex AppleTV REQUIRES internet to function correctly?
If that is true, that sucks. Looks like its back to SMB shares to play content.

Similar issue. Windows v1.12.0.4809. Apple tv 4K v1.25 (8311). Internet went out for a few days. Everything plays for a few seconds then I get “resource loader error” too.

Hdhomerun is unusable too. Family and kids are not happy.

I upgraded from 1.11.something to 1.12.3.4973 today. I'm now having this problem. Can we do anything?

Windows 10 server. Apple TV 4th gen (not 4K).

Chromecast works fine but I don't want to use that.

Same issue on latest everything

Same. Can’t watch anything on a local or remote server.

Same since update 1.12.3.4973. First time I've ever had any issues.

I even tried downloading and the issue persists, WHY IS THIS HAPPENING???? So annoying...

Same here...when it shows the error I can still hear the audio playing until I terminate the Plex app.

Server Version 1.12.3.4973 on macOS High Sierra 10.13.4
Plex ATV app v 1.26 (8506)
ATV is running tvOS 11.4 beta 2 (15L5546a)

I’m having the same issue. It seems like nobody from Plex is responding. They have to know there’s an issue.

exact same issue as the user above ^^

+1 (but since it needs to be 8 characters here's some more text)

Part of why this might not be getting any traction is is its marked as answered. Probably should have started a new thread for the new issue in April.

This shouldn’t of been marked answered, the issue is most definitely still present. I think I’ve removed the answered tag, I assumed it marked it that due to inactivity.

Can confirm this bug on AppleTV 4 not 4k

Latest tvOS , latest plex for tvOS and latest PMS beta

Rebooting appletv didnt fix
Reboot of plex server has fixed if for 2 days now but..

More frequently get the other bugs like content cant be loaded/found

A close and restart of plex on ATV usually fixes that..

Latest releases very buggy again

@rosskinard said:
Same here...when it shows the error I can still hear the audio playing until I terminate the Plex app.

Server Version 1.12.3.4973 on macOS High Sierra 10.13.4
Plex ATV app v 1.26 (8506)
ATV is running tvOS 11.4 beta 2 (15L5546a)

This happened to me last night. I am NOT on a beta release of TvOS, and it happened with both current public release of AppleTV client and the beta version. Going to try to roll back to an earlier Plex server to see if that fixes it.

Oh, and I am on Apple TV 4, not 4k

I am on apple tv 4 as well, how do you roll back? this just started happening on the latest release for me.

I rebooted the Plex Server and it seems to be playing again...not sure how long it will be. Another thing it has been doing is one TV episode I had paused and resumed to completion keeps popping up in the Continue Watching from the pause point. No matter how many times I've set it as "watched" it seems to come back partially watched a few hours later.

Very weird.

Same problem here. Plex does not work when Internet is down. Annoying.

@myusuf3 said:
I am on apple tv 4 as well, how do you roll back? this just started happening on the latest release for me.

To roll back the server, you need to uninstall Plex Media Server; you cannot just run the old installer on top of the existing install. Note that this will NOT remove your library or settings, just the application itself. I'm running Plex on Windows 10, so I can only speak to that process.

Every time you upgrade the Plex server, it keeps a copy of the setup file in your Plex appdata folder (%LOCALAPPDATA%\Plex Media Server) in a folder called Updates. Using the control panel, uninstall Plex from your PC. Then run the Plex-Media-Server-1.xxxx.exe from the Updates folder. This will reinstall the older version of PMS.

As soon as you re-launch Plex and go to the web interface you'll see that an update is available. Be sure to turn off automatic updates if you have that set up in Server settings. I only went back one release this time; you might run into problems if you try to go back too many releases.

I found this thread about doing this on a Mac: https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/223300/osx-rollback-update