No Theme Music for shows on Nvidia Shield

server-nvidia-shield

Been trying to get theme music to work on my PMS on Nvidia Shield but no luck. Theme music is working from my other PMS running on windows with Plex Web as client, but not when I choose Shield as server. The Plex Theme Music agent is on top.

When I check XML info I don't have anything about grandparentTheme.

Any tips?

I'm having the same issue w/mine. No theme music even with the agents properly selected.

Have the exact same issue

Still the same with latest PMS beta update

Here is what worked for me - I changed the agent to The Movie Database and then refreshed metadata for the TV Shows which did not have the theme music playing. Please note that in case this doesn't work then do a fix match and ensure that the agent being used is The Movie Database.

The problem lies with TVDB and not NVIDIA Shield or PLEX per se

@akshaychadha said:
Here is what worked for me - I changed the agent to The Movie Database and then refreshed metadata for the TV Shows which did not have the theme music playing. Please note that in case this doesn't work then do a fix match and ensure that the agent being used is The Movie Database.

The problem lies with TVDB and not NVIDIA Shield or PLEX per se

Interesting - I just tried it for Attack on Titan, but still didn't get any theme music :(

I just tried it and Attack on Titan works absolutely fine. The theme track is playing back. Open the main screen of TV Show which shows all the seasons. Then click on the 3 dots on top right and select fix match. it automatically starts searching when you select it. Wait for the results to show up and then scroll to the top of the result screen and select search again and in the following screen make sure that the agent selected is The Movie Database.

Works absolutely fine for me.

Same problem. Subtitle download is also not working for TV Shows.

@akshaychadha said:
I just tried it and Attack on Titan works absolutely fine. The theme track is playing back. Open the main screen of TV Show which shows all the seasons. Then click on the 3 dots on top right and select fix match. it automatically starts searching when you select it. Wait for the results to show up and then scroll to the top of the result screen and select search again and in the following screen make sure that the agent selected is The Movie Database.

Works absolutely fine for me.

Just tried your method, but still didn't work. I know it pulled MovieDB because it changed the artwork, but still no music :(

In the TV Show library, open any episode (don't play it). Click on the 3 dots on the top right and select Get Info. In the pop-up on the bottom left click view xml.

In the code that opens up check what agent do you have after "guid="com.plexapp.agents"

Also check if you find "grandparentTheme=" anywhere in the code

@akshaychadha said:
In the TV Show library, open any episode (don't play it). Click on the 3 dots on the top right and select Get Info. In the pop-up on the bottom left click view xml.

In the code that opens up check what agent do you have after "guid="com.plexapp.agents"

Also check if you find "grandparentTheme=" anywhere in the code

Here's what I get:
guid="com.plexapp.agents.themoviedb://1429/1/1?lang=en"

No grandparentTheme

what is the version of PMS running?

Version 1.13.2.5149

Can you uninstall the update PMS and downgrade to a lower version?

I had an older version before and themes were still not working. I could uninstall, but would prefer not to. I'd hate to rebuild the whole thing again.

Have you changed the agent in the library advanced settings?

That is, ON THE LEFT NAVIGATION COLUMN, when you edit the library by clicking on the 3 dots next to the TV Show library >goto EDIT > ADVANCED and check if agent is The Moie Database. Also, pls cross check if in the player settings 'Play Theme Music" is selected.

If all is okay with the above - the only bthing that i can think of is to try and delete that particular Show from the library and then do the following:

These functions can be found accessing the 3 dots menu next to "LIBRARIES" in the left navigation column:
1) Optimise Database
2) Clean Bundles
3) Empty Trash

Shutdown NVIDIA Shield.
Remove the Power Cable
Remove any ethernet cables if any.
Wait for about 5 mins and reconnect wireds and turn on Shield.
After Home screen comes on - pls wait for at least 10 mins before you do anything.

Now access PMS and add the show again and see if it works.

Tried it again your way and still the same. Silent as can be :(

Having the same issue on a brand new Nvidia Shield Pro - Plex Version 1.13.2.5149. It worked for a little while for me, possibly stopped following a Shield device reboot, but I'm not sure.

Same issue here. 16 Gb Shield, Nas for movie storage and Plex running on the Shield.Im also running Plex Version 1.13.2.5149.

I wonder if someone from Plex can confirm this is a bug or if there is something we can do to help solve the problem.