Updated! See this comment further down the thread:
Device: Hisense LED LCD Smart TV
Model No. 50CU60000
OS: Opera TV\VEWD
- Open Plex App
- PLEX logo appears (No animations or loading bar, just a static PLEX logo for about 2 minutes)
- Error appears:
“Plex is unable to start due to an error” - Please start by using the Reset Plex button below, which will restore your default app settings, after which you can link to your Plex account again. If you continue having issues, please drop by our forums at https://forums.plex.tv and tell us about this in person."
- Select “Reset Plex” button
- Plex logo appears (see #2)
- Back to Error (see #3)
This cycle has been repeating itself since mid-November, 2017.
Attempted Troubleshooting \ Workarounds:
7. First I Reset my TV to factory settings and re-added PLEX from the VEWD store (used to be Opera TV Store)
- No change, same error repeats over and over
Try to access Plex via built-in Opera TV Browser, but nothing happens when I click the “Sign In” button.
Tried community workaround using VEWD Developer tools and URL-Loader
- No change - Once I load the URL, PLEX logo appears (just like in #2, above) Then I receive the same same error “Plex is unable to start due to an error” (see #3, above)