I installed Kodi 17.4 on RetroPie, and Plex 0.1.3 add-on. When starting the add-on there is no option to use a local server. It's forcing me to use a plex.tv login.
I did the following:
* Uninstalled Plex add-on
* Disabled auto-updates
* Deleted ~/.kodi/addons/script.module.request (v2.18.4)
* Installed Request 2.12.4 into ~/.kodi/addons/script.module.request
* On Plex Server v126.96.36.19925, changed Settings>Network>Secure connections to "Preferred" (note, Remote Access enabled for my Plex TV account)
* Started EmulationStation & Kodi, Installed Plex v0.1.3 (no option to install a previous version)
* Started Plex, and forced to Sign-In using a Plex.tv account - no local server option.