ON OLDER VERSION! Conversion failed. A required codec could not be found or failed to install.

samsung-smart-hub

plex does not play files that were working fine 2 days ago. i installed the plex player 2 days ago and the files were fine for both plex server and plex player but now i get this message "Conversion failed. A required codec could not be found or failed to install.". i uninstalled the player thinking this would solve the issue but it did not. i also uninstalled plex and reinstalled it but nothing works. please fix.

You are going to get asked to provide server logs, so people with way more knowledge than me have facts to work from. Speaking of facts, what model (full model number, which provides series and year of manufacture) Samsung TV, Home Theater, Bluray player, or DVD player are you using the app on? Which version of the Samsung Plex Player app are you using? Which version of the Plex Media Server are you using? Provide this, and you should start getting answers, rather than just views.

Best of luck :)

Thanks so much for the advice.

would i have to re post question with the logs since the people who already viewed it probably won't review if i just edit it by adding them in.