Payback crashing in when auto adjust quality is on and play smaller is off

android-tv
fire-tv

Been racking my brain on this bug since we got the new Sony 900f TV. Turns out the player crashes when playing a move and auto adjust quality is on and play smaller videos is off in the settings.

I have the same issue with the firestick running plex client ver 6.15.2.4143 from the Amazon app store. If I have auto quality on and play smaller videos off then it tells me that a problem occurred and to restart both client and server. Of course that doesn’t work. Turning play smaller videos on makes it work but I’m also getting frequent pauses during playback. This seems to be a recent development since upgrading the plex server version to the latest available for windows.

@psOps are you able to run if auto quality is off and play smaller videos off. In my case I think I tried auto quality off and play smaller videos off and that doesn’t work either.

In the client network logs enabled through the settings I see the NPE:

[MediaDecisionEngine] Analyzing media: 960x400 2861kbps (Container: mkv, Video: h264, Audio: ac3)
05-13 15:58:15.056 e: An exception occurred: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method ‘boolean java.lang.Boolean.booleanValue()’ on a null object reference
05-13 15:58:15.057 e: Stacktrace: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method ‘boolean java.lang.Boolean.booleanValue()’ on a null object reference
at com.plexapp.plex.mediaselection.playbackoptions.b.q(SourceFile:204)
at com.plexapp.plex.mediaselection.c.a(SourceFile:388)
at com.plexapp.plex.mediaselection.c.a(SourceFile:269)
at com.plexapp.plex.mediaselection.c.a(SourceFile:114)
at com.plexapp.plex.mediaselection.c.a(SourceFile:99)
at com.plexapp.plex.mediaselection.h.a(SourceFile:848)
at com.plexapp.plex.mediaselection.h.doInBackground(SourceFile:820)
at android.os.AsyncTask$2.call(AsyncTask.java:292)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:237)
at …

@ElWig I have not tried and I’m traveling right now, so I can’t test.