PFK slow to load libraries

plex-for-kodi

Hi all,

Having an issue with loading my movie library. Please see here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qg6dse6oxn6v2zl/Plex Movie Library Slow issue.MOV?dl=0

Basically it takes forever to load the movie section. And once it does, the titles and artwork are blank for a long time, usually longer than seen in this video. TV section is much faster, but wouldn’t mind if it were quicker. My simple setup works like this:

WHS2011, gigabit connection running PMS, up to date.

Odroid C2 with Plex for kodi Addon. Running latest version of libreelec and PFK Addon.

Movie library contains about 1700 titles. I’ve moved the metadata to an SSD drive and done all the appropriate registry editing.

Any idea what this could be? Suggestions welcome! This behaviour does not occur on my Apple TV with Plex app. Super fast there, no issues. No issues either from a Pc or Mac client in my house - can only assume it’s centric to the PFK plugin.

Cheers.

Basically the grid view doesn’t do any paging, so it loads all the items in the library at once. In a large library like yours this will cause what you described. Until paging is implemented there, the only workaround would be to switch to list view which does have paging. I don’t have an ETA on when this will be implemented for the grid.

@ruuk said:
Basically the grid view doesn’t do any paging, so it loads all the items in the library at once. In a large library like yours this will cause what you described. Until paging is implemented there, the only workaround would be to switch to list view which does have paging. I don’t have an ETA on when this will be implemented for the grid.

@ruuk - Good to know. But, am I not using list view there in my video? Thought I was using it for both the movies and tv section. Little button with 6 dots right?

If not, how do I change it? This is the last piece of the puzzle for me for this to be a permanent move to Plex!

Sorry. I hadn’t actually watched the video, so bad on me. The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is that the Odroid C2 is a fairly low powered device compared to the other ones you’ve mentioned. I’ll see if I can duplicate the behavior your seeing on a Pi 3. Maybe lowering the page size for the list view can improve load times, so if I can duplicate that I can try fiddling with that and see what happens.

@ruuk the Odroid C2 is head and shoulders above the Pi3 by miles, gigabit
connection, faster CPU/video, HEVC 4K decoding, all of it! How do I go
about lowering the page size?

@bogchop said:
@ruuk the Odroid C2 is head and shoulders above the Pi3 by miles, gigabit
connection, faster CPU/video, HEVC 4K decoding, all of it!

Yeah, but likely only the cpu matters in this case, and the ODroid CPU is much slower than the other devices you mentioned. In any case the Pi being slower will make it even more likely I can duplicate the issue if CPU speed is the cause.

How do I go about lowering the page size?

It’s something that needs to be changed in code.

Thanks, will commence testing with a newly acquired Raspberry Pi (my other Pi’s are on retrogaming duty) and report back!