Playback Failed

plex-for-kodi

I have installed the Kodi Add On, and I am finding that 99% of my content is coming back as playback failed. They are working perfectly fine on other devices. Can anyone helping?

Hi,

Dev’s are going to need a log of you trying to play your movies.

Correct, please post a log with debug enabled so we can look at why the error is happening.

Log has been uploaded to

https://paste.ubuntu.com/23741333

Any help would be appreciated,

Many thanks

So I see:
20:51:08.067 T:9260 ERROR: ConnectionError: (‘Connection aborted.’, error(10060, ‘A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond’))
20:51:08.067 T:9260 NOTICE: script.plex: API: ERROR: None - (‘Connection aborted.’, error(10060, ‘A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond’))

It looks like your plex server has 2 IPS:
20:50:20.115 T:9952 NOTICE: script.plex: API: DEBUG: Connection: https://86-154-251-29.30b652587a9a4e629d28fd9a0786931b.plex.direct:32400 local: False token: ****************YzGY sources: MYPLEX state: unknown
20:50:20.115 T:9952 NOTICE: script.plex: API: DEBUG: Connection: https://192-168-1-10.30b652587a9a4e629d28fd9a0786931b.plex.direct:32400 local: True token: ****************YzGY sources: MYPLEX state: unknown

Internal and external, and for some reason it’s defaulting to the external one. Any idea why?

Tons of connection related errors in the log.

I’ve no idea why my external IP would be getting used on my lan. Are you able to tell me if there is a way to disable this? Or is it how the server has been setup?

There should be a way in the server settings to configure it. I’m on my phone but if you can’t find it maybe someone else can chime in, or I can try to look it up later.

Looking better now. I changed the network settings and all is fine with the Kodi Add on. Thanks for your help.

Can you report which settings you changed?

Hi folks! I am having a similar issue, with my Openelec Kodi 17.3 Krypton install, i have been using the new Plex Addon for a couple months now and it has been excellent up until recently, it seems now that not all media will playback, it only seems to be affecting one folder in particular which is my TV Shows folder, i would get an error for “Playback failed” when trying to play a file whereas most other folders/files playback perfectly fine… strange!

My server is located remotely using PMS on Windows10

See below link to debug log;

https://paste.ubuntu.com/26076014/

Thanks
W.

Exact same thing happening to me on Android TV Plex for Kodi on Kodi 17.6. Updated to 1.10 and now numerous Playback failed messages. Was working flawlessly before that

Mine was working fine but now all I get is “Playback failed” for anything I try.

Running Plex add on in Kodi 17.6 on a Shield TV

Post your Kodi logs gents and hopefully the devs can help us out

same problem here…but i have no logs why its only by my friends. 3 have a Android-TV-Box with Kodi and all works fine but in the last 10 Days a lot of Playback failes. All other Plattforms have no Problems.

I’m having the same problem here on both the Kodi addon and the regular Plex app. At first I thought it was a problem with some media files, but now it’s almost everything I try to play. This is all on my shield tv.

Gents,

I rolled back my Plex Media Server to an earlier version and it has resolved the issue for me anyway…

I was using the latest v1.10*** and i downgraded to v1.09*** and i can confirm this has fixed the issue - hopefully this helps others with their playback issues.

My setup;

• Plex Addon (0.1.3)
  • Kodi (17.3 Krypton)
  • Openelec 17
  • Hacked Asus Chromebox

Same problem here on 2 instances of openelec, both working before upgrading plex media server to 1.10.1.4561

Can replicate in a vanilla install of Kodi on windows 10 with only plex addon added - here’s the log:

Windows 10
Kodi 17.6
Plex Addon 0.1.3

https://pastebin.com/bNwGtyD6

I have been using the Plex for KODI addon and it seems to have been working flawlessly, even with PMS v1.10 on my Synology NAS (with KODI 17.6 on a generic android box)

However I have started to move across to more 4k content and have the occasional"Playback failed" message - I have noticed that the NAS CPU is maxxing out at 100% so maybe PMS is trying to transcode…???

Are there any known compatibility issues with 4k content? or will rolling back to PMS 1.9x help?

Same issue here since 1.10, currently 1.11.0.4666 installed, Problems persist.
Please fix this issue! I don´t want to roll back, because HW-transcoding on Intel GPU´s seems to work from 1.10 on. :s

I agree, “rolling back” is not a fix for the problem.