Playing files to Sonos from Plex Cloud

sonos

Is there anything special I need to do to get my Plex Cloud FLAC or ALAC files to play properly on Sonos? I am trying to play files from my OneDrive which all previously played perfectly when synced via Microsoft Groove. They were mostly 16 bit ALACs.

They all play perfectly from the Plex app on my phone and the web app. However, they're failing to play on Sonos. I tried reencoding a couple of albums as 16 bit FLACs, and those played after a few seconds of stutter (which appears to be Sonos's transcoding kicking in).

(I took to the liberty of moving this to the correct forum.)

I tested ALAC and FLAC files ripped with a variety of programs (EAC, WMP, iTunes…). Uploaded them to Plex Cloud Sync (via OneDrive) to test. They all played perfectly from the Plex app. When testing playback on Sonos, results varied from total failure to a stutter of several seconds before playing each track. It appears to me that Plex is not a viable solution for playback of lossless files on Sonos.

I understand Plex for Sonos has moved out of beta, and a number of updates have been implemented. I’m wondering if anyone reports success with my desired setup: 16 bit ALAC and FLAC saved on OneDrive via Cloud Sync and played on Sonos. If that works now, I will resubscribe to Plex Pass. Thanks!

@davegram said:
I understand Plex for Sonos has moved out of beta, and a number of updates have been implemented. I’m wondering if anyone reports success with my desired setup: 16 bit ALAC and FLAC saved on Plex Cloud and played on Sonos. If that works now, I will resubscribe to Plex Pass. Thanks!

There is no Plex Cloud for new subscribers and even if there was you could not use it with Sonos as it requires a PMS version 1.10+ but Plex Cloud is 1.9 (with no updates for months now).

My apologies… I meant Cloud Sync. I have my files stored in OneDrive, and it would be very convenient to link Plex to my OneDrive account.

@davegram said:
My apologies… I meant Cloud Sync. I have my files stored in OneDrive, and it would be very convenient to link Plex to my OneDrive account.

OneDrive is not and was never supported by Cloud Sync.

removing wrong post

Ugh. Never mind. I figured it out. Plex Cloud was what I was using with OneDrive, and it’s discontinued as you said. Cloud Sync is different, and does not support OneDrive. Sorry, new to Plex, and this was a bit confusing. Thanks!