Please ask the server owner to allow sync for your account

ios

I had this problem. What I did was to delete the device having the problem under settings/devices. Then I had to re-login on my phone and the problem was gone.

Can someone able to reproduce the issue send me a DM please?

I'd love to get in touch and try to find the reason behind this!

Oh man. I just bought the pass and this happened. I can't find any setting that I'm supposed to turn on to make this work.

Your location must be the server, not the local client to enable sync. Not obvious...

A reboot of everything and it magically worked.

I am having the same problem today. I was able to sync to the iOS device, the content shows as being there, but when you select play nothing happens. Then when i click the down arrow on the content on there it gives the message "Please ask the server owner to allow sync for your account". Someone please help. This is rediculous.

I had the same issue. Rebooting my phone fixed it

Same issue here. Both iPhone and iPad. :-/

Ok, updating plex server did not help. But updating the software on my NAS (synology), and then updating the plex server solved it. \m/

+1

Still having these problems.

Help - just upgraded to plex pass for a trip and have exactly this issue. complete waste of £3.99 unless someone posts a fix for a three week old problem!

I'm having this issue as well. Feel like I've wasted my money.

@hsousa said:
Can someone able to reproduce the issue send me a DM please?

I'd love to get in touch and try to find the reason behind this!

I can reproduce the issue on Android. I would send you a DM if you would send me a link to tell me how to do that. My issue is that a Friend invited to the library with sync allowed on their restrictions is told
"The owner of this shared server does not allow this item to be synced"

I'm running Fedora 23 Plex Version 0.9.16.6

Has anyone had any luck fixing this? I just added a plex pass and I'm getting the same issue, syncing from a mac server to an iPad.

Same issue, waste of money since I bought plex pass for a plane flight today.

(Same here. Very frustrating. Just shelled out a large sum for life-long membership. You need to be kidding!)

Edit: Got it running. Logging out and in on both iPad and Server fixed the issue

Has this issue been resolved?

Having the same issue here. I believe it started about three weeks ago. Unable to sync to my Ipad. Tried restarting both server and Ipad. Used to work fine - I am the administrator of my own account and have no other users.

Having the same issue on both iphone and ipad, just bought a lifetime pass today.

Same issue, just paid for a pass to travel. PLEASE FIX THIS.