Please ask the server owner to allow sync for your account

ios

Seems to be a new bug. This just happened to me today. I've synced in the past with no issues. I am the server owner and am logged into both my iPhone and my server with the same account. I couldn't see an option in settings to allow sync.

@m82socalif said:
I couldn't see an option in settings to allow sync.

There isn't one. I have also had the same bug across all my devices (Android and iOS) for the last few weeks.

Same here.
Just re-upped my plex pass so I could sync for a trip. Kind of frustrating.

Hi!

Can you please turn on verbose logging and send me the logs to take a look?

You can send them directly to hugo@plex.tv.

https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201636593-iOS-Logs

Thanks!

Same thing here.

I'm getting the same thing. Very frustrating. I can't put anything on my device.

I ran into the same problem today. There is a setting, under Restrictions. Try that.

This is a total drag. I am having the exact same problem for a couple of week. Synching music to my iPhone is the single biggest reason I finally decided to pay for a yearly Plex Pass. This is core functionality for this app. It demands 24 hour days be the developers to get this fixed. But alas, tic-toc it's taking days if not weeks. Yikes.

I had this problem. What I did was to delete the device having the problem under settings/devices. Then I had to re-login on my phone and the problem was gone.

Can someone able to reproduce the issue send me a DM please?

I'd love to get in touch and try to find the reason behind this!

Oh man. I just bought the pass and this happened. I can't find any setting that I'm supposed to turn on to make this work.

Your location must be the server, not the local client to enable sync. Not obvious...

A reboot of everything and it magically worked.

I am having the same problem today. I was able to sync to the iOS device, the content shows as being there, but when you select play nothing happens. Then when i click the down arrow on the content on there it gives the message "Please ask the server owner to allow sync for your account". Someone please help. This is rediculous.

I had the same issue. Rebooting my phone fixed it

Same issue here. Both iPhone and iPad. :-/

Ok, updating plex server did not help. But updating the software on my NAS (synology), and then updating the plex server solved it. \m/

+1

Still having these problems.

Help - just upgraded to plex pass for a trip and have exactly this issue. complete waste of £3.99 unless someone posts a fix for a three week old problem!

I'm having this issue as well. Feel like I've wasted my money.