Please help. Not all movies displaying in library

roku

Greetings. This is my first plex forums post, and yes, i have thoroughly searched around the web and the forums for a solution.

In short, I have a rather large movie library, but recently a good chunk of my library just stopped showing up in my roku player. The library just stops halfway through the letter "S" and nothing comes up after that.

I am running server version 1.12.3.4947 on Ubuntu 16 LTS, and my Roku is an Ultra. I am gigabit wired to the LAN where the plex server lives, and other devices (smart tvs, fire tvs, phones, etc) are displaying the library correctly. I have removed the plex app from the roku and re-added it, i have re-scanned the library, i have rebooted all devices....i really cant find anything that could be causing this on the web (except things that are 6 years old).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

I have never seen such a problem but I can guess that something may be screwy in the apps catch or internal memory. When you remove the app you need to restart the Roku before you re-install the app. That is the only way to clear the internal memory the Plex app was using.

Although it is not used for streaming at all there have been more than a few reports of SD cards causing unusual problems so, if you have one installed, it might be a good idea to remove it for testing. The SD card is only used for apps to be stored on to allow for faster initial loading and, unless you have a HUGE number of apps installed, you will notice no difference while running without it.

Those are the only two things that occur to me right now. Try them and see what happens.

Sounds good, i don't have an SD card installed, and i dont have many apps installed either...but i didnt reboot the roku in between uninstalling the app and reinstalling. I will give that a shot tonight and keep you posted. Thanks Elijah.

Unfortunately this was not the solution

Update: i have a roku 3 that i hooked up, and its experiencing the same problem. here is a screenshot of what i’m referring to:

i thought it might be a corrupt movie, so i went to the last movie that IS showing up and deleted the next one in my library…still no dice. Everything shows up in the plex for the web and android devices.

You might try the Plex Pass Preview Channel for Roku.
https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/comment/1647129/#Comment_1647129

I just installed the plex pass preview version and i am experiencing the same symptoms.

@"matt.szewczyk" said:
I just installed the plex pass preview version and i am experiencing the same symptoms.

Damn. That was my goto answer. I have no idea what's causing your issue.
How big(movie count) is your movie library?

11,478 movies total in this library.

@"matt.szewczyk" said:
11,478 movies total in this library.

WOW! Okay...

You know, as a test... Do you happen to have about 1,478 movies in the T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z, and some of S?

Bingo (i deleted a movie), but the "missing" movies count 1477. Looks like the Roku app for some reason stops at 10,000 movies.

Here's the question....I've been building this library for years obviously, and I didn't just add 1477 movies to it the other day. This stopped working suddenly....how can I fix it?

Could be a bug with the latest version of PMS. I know not linux so if you can try to uninstall the version you currently have and install an older version...

I posted in the Plex Pass General discussion forum. hopefully it will get some traction there. Thanks for the help so far!

@"matt.szewczyk" said:
I posted in the Plex Pass General discussion forum. hopefully it will get some traction there. Thanks for the help so far!

Not to be a sh*t but you will have far better success here or in the general (public) discussion.
To be honest because you have PMS on Linux I think @ChuckPA should be summon.

Understood. I posted a copy of the plex pass general discussion in the regular general discussion. Thanks for the help, im new to the forums.

@"matt.szewczyk" said:
Understood. I posted a copy of the plex pass general discussion in the regular general discussion. Thanks for the help, im new to the forums.

No problems.. I hope we can all help with your issue.. I know I'll be in your shoes in a year or so(at 6800 movies, lol).

Aaaaaaand they just closed the one in general discussion non-plex pass. sigh

Oh ya.. They'll do that if its a duplicate from section to section.

The fact that they closed the public one kinda pisses me off but if I don't like it then I should buy PLEX Inc., then take over the forums so i can do whatever I want.. I'm not there yet, lol

There are hundreds of nonplexpass members that could of help..but... will never see the plex pass section...

Perhaps @ljunkie should be included in this discussion.