Plex Android TV crashing on play

android-tv
fire-tv

Hi, since a few days the Plex app, that worked fine, suddenly started crashing at the start of playing a file.
It crashes and restarts.
happens with any files.
Server is fine as files movies playing fine on web and mobile
Both server and TV app have been are up to date

Same thing for the last 2 weeks. Android TV

Could you grab some logs so we can investigate?

Same problem here. Plex server is running smoothly with all devices except with my Philips 4k Android TV since the last few days. It worked fine, now is crashing immediately at the start of playing any file.
How can I take a log for you? Thanks.

Steps on grabbing the logs are available here; https://support.plex.tv/articles/201573117-android-android-tv-fire-tv-logs/

I’m too experiencing the same problems. Plex working fine on and Android phone, but not on an Android TV. Whenever I choose to play a media, it just crashes the Android TV Plex app.

I’m attaching the logs.

I am experiencing the same issue on two different android TV players. A Philips 2017 TV and a TV box from my network provider.
I will post logs and details in the evening. I hope it could be solved because before Plex 6.13.x they worked flawlessly.

Me too guys, but im waiting with posting my logs :wink:
Also a Philips tv …

Could you confirm if you get a crash for every video you try or just specific ones?

@Zahhar said:
I’m too experiencing the same problems. Plex working fine on and Android phone, but not on an Android TV. Whenever I choose to play a media, it just crashes the Android TV Plex app.

I’m attaching the logs.

Thanks for the info, I have managed to find your crash report and it looks like something on the Phillips TV doesn’t like the configuration its got for the native audio decoder. Would you be able to grab some logs from logcat via ADB, these will hopefully have some more information from the native decoder and allow us to investigate.

@sixones said:
Could you confirm if you get a crash for every video you try or just specific ones?

I can confirm, that the app crashes (after click play, the app restarts) only by video files.
.MKV and .mp4. I’ve transcoded some video files to try if its a faulty video container. And yes, transcoded files same thing.

@“benjaminwiedmer@gmail.com” said:

@sixones said:

I can confirm, that the app crashes (after click play, the app restarts) only by video files.
.MKV and .mp4. I’ve transcoded some video files to try if its a faulty video container. And yes, transcoded files same thing.

Would you be able to see if the News videos on your TV also cause a crash? If you navigate into the News library a video should start auto-playing.

moi aussi j’ai un problème de lecture de video en HD et de crash !!!
Aider moi svp !!!

Here is the logcat file. Hope it helps.

Hi Any update on this? I am also getting this but on a Sony Bravia with Android TV… Crashing on all video files…

I am having this exact same issue on a Nvidia Shield client as well, so it isn’t just Fire TV with the issue.

I too can confirm this issue. Works fine on xboxone, ps4, ipad and windows pc, but crashes on Sony Bravia…
Hoping a fix will show up soon

New Version is on the way:-
forums.plex.tv/discussion/60585/plex-for-android/p13

I have just updated my Philips TV to the new 6.14 version of the Android APP and still, my Plex App restarts when trying to play a film. Some TV programs are fine, but can’t play most films currently.

So, same here. Nothing works. Every video i want play the app restarts. also the news video in my newscast but it displays an error that the video i want to play dont work.

I can confirm that this issue hasn’t been fixed with the latest update 6.14.0.3735.