Plex has not been 100% for a few months now. It seems to be related to a switch to a new video player (the HUD says "ExoPlayer v2", and I vaguely recall that it was something else before), but I'm not quite sure. The symptoms are all intermittent and include:
* Crashing on x265 files.
* Some subtitles refuse to play (no subs visible).
* Crashing on certain subtitles.
* Refusing Direct Play with many x264 files.
* Sometimes, resuming a video a few minutes in just shows a black screen, and sometimes crashes a few seconds later.
After crashing, Plex restarts automatically and works fine for a few hours/days afterwards until the same thing happens again.
I'm not entirely sure what my question is ;) , but let's try with:
1. am I correct to recall there was another player before "Exoplayer v2"?
2. is there any way to switch back to the old player (that works much better)?
3. is there anything else I can do to get things working properly? WAF is approaching dangerously low numbers.
The different Windows clients that I have lying around works perfectly I should add.
Versions: Plex Shield client: 184.108.40.20628, Shield NRD90M.2427173_1038.2788, Shield Android TV 6.3(24.32.406.472)
Plex Server 220.127.116.1129
(sorry, no Nexus Player versions since it's not here, but it's updated to the latest)
...but the situation has been the same for a long time now, at least since new years.