Plex app on Vizio Smartcast (Chromecast) televisions not orienting iPhone video properly?

chromecast

Does anyone know if there's anything that can be done about this? I remember that this issue was fixed years ago on the web player and on the desktop app that I use on my Mac, but we just got a brand new Vizio television and all our iPhone videos are playing upside-down on it the same way they used to years ago on everything else we use to watch our Plex server.

What's super weird is that the thumbnails are right-side-up, so clearly this is a configuration issue someplace and not a technological limitation. I guess my question is, as I'm unfamiliar with exactly how these "apps" in the television are updated, who maintains the code and where does it need to get fixed?

Jesus… After searching forever and thinking I’ll never find someone out there with a Vizio that uses Plex and has issues with iOS video orientation, I stumble across something posted in February with absolutely ZERO responses. What gives? Is the Vizio app just a red-headed step-child to Plex? This is an issue I’m having as well.

My wife recently went on a business trip and when she got back, she wanted to show the kids videos on our TV that she got. Lo and behold the video was in the wrong orientation, despite the thumbnail being correct. The web player shows the video correctly, the iOS app shows the video correctly, but the Plex for Vizio app does not.

Can someone please look into this instead of just ignoring the thread?

Bumping this… Any help? Anywhere?

Still bumping this topic and looking for help…

Thanks. We’ve seen this issue as well; it occurs on a few non-Google Chromecast devices like the Vizio TVs and the NVIDIA SHIELD. We’ve reached out the vendors, and my understanding is that the issue appears to lie in the libraries supplied by Google, and has been escalated to Google for investigation.

Is there any update on what’s going on here? Two months now, and I’m curious how the escalation went.

No, I haven’t heard anything back from NVIDIA or Google about this.