I recently changed my ISP to AT&T from Comcast, and it has caused some stability issues with my FreeNAS Server and subsequently, Plex Media Server. The only reason I bring this up is that AT&T forces use of their Gateway (combined modem/router), which has caused some hiccups on my end, due to my wanting to continue to use my own router. The issues appear to manifest in a number of scenarios, and are not limited to Direct or Remote Play, nor are they limited to one client (Xbox, iOS, Web Player), though they are much more frequent during Remote Play:
* Streams cutting out with error: "Couldn't create the playback session for this item."
* Streams buffering when they shouldn't be, i.e. 1 session running with low stress transcodes and solid connection to internet
* Streams buffering when I am hardwired to the network and have direct play/stream enabled. Before ISP swap, I don't think I had ever seen it buffer when hardwired and in the same network.
* Logs are littered with Networking related entries.
* I receive the error "Your connection to the server is not fast enough to stream this video. Check your network or try a lower quality." Of note is that I receive this error even on 2Mbps HD when my available speeds are significantly adequate. Usually if I get this error, my Plex session locks up on status "Buffering for a few minutes".
A little bit of information about my network configuration. I setup the AT&T Gateway in Passthrough mode, where it passes the IP from the ISP directly to my router. From there, I was able to leave the router largely alone, setup the way it had been before I switched providers. Essentially, The Gateway passes my public IP to my router, acting like a modem, and my router is able to handle DHCP.
I have attached two logs. One is from an Xbox Direct Play/Stream Session that began buffering at 20:40 and 20:41. "Plex Media Server 1.log".
The other two logs are from a session I had running on remote play on iOS. At 18:42, my stream errored out with the "Couldn't create the playback session for this item for Edward's Phone".
I'd be glad to provide any other information, or some better logs if there is something better/more appropriate out there. I'm not sure if it's important, but I do have PlexPy (Now Tautulli) running on my FreeNAS Server as well, though it was running before ISP change and was not causing any issues. Does anyone have any ideas based on the provided Logs and Times of what I should be looking for? My Server's specs are in my signature.
Thank you in advance, I'm hoping we can figure out the issue, before my wife kills me for "breaking the Plex"!