Plex can't find and play external subtitels

server-asustor

Hello, I have Asustor AS1002t with installed Plex Media server. My issue is that Plex can't see external subtitles in srt format. I have also Plex server on my WIN10 and there is everything allright but using same file uploaded to NAS there are no subtitltes found by Plex. Any idea how to fix this?

Make sure that “Local Media Asset” is enabled, and on top

support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/200471133-Adding-Local-Subtitles-to-Your-Media

I looked for and tested almost everything what I found on internet but nothing works, local media asset on top, correct naming of files, put movie and subtitles to separate folder, using latest Plex app and so…

First of all, your NAS is Linux based, meaning case is valid, so your subs HAS to be named exactly like the media itself…

Could you perhaps share a screen dump of a folder with a media?

For example

Then switch PMS into debug loging, do the Plex Dance for the media in spe, and then unload a zip of the logs

For the Plex Dance, look in my signature

Hope I did it right… Anyway thanks for help

You should only use English naming for medias and folders

2017-11-20 18:57:12,432 (-4f980ba0) : INFO (__init__:54) - Error finding media for movie Bezva ženská na krku: 'ascii' codec can't encode characters in position 40-41: ordinal not in range(128)

Also, and not an ASUSSTOR dude, but is this a folder local to the NAS:
/share/Video/ASUSTOR/DESKTOP-06KBP3O@Tomáš/Drive#E/

And again with above, the characters used

Hello dane22,

thanks for hints, I rename all files to eliminate czech letters and also I move all movies to folder /share/Video bit still subtitles were not recognized… Am I doing something wrong or did I understand you incorrectly?

You understood me correctly

So if still not working, I need a new set of logs

There they are… To which file you are looking? Thx

Log says:

2017-11-20 21:42:46,448 (-4f980ba0) : INFO (__init__:54) - Error finding media for movie Co Jsme Komu Udelali Cz by Masterblaster4: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xed' in position 22: ordinal not in range(128) 2017-11-20 21:42:46,462 (-4f980ba0) : CRITICAL (agentkit:1078) - Exception in the update function of agent named 'Local Media Assets (Movies)', called with guid 'local://5' (most recent call last): File "/volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/plexmediaserver/plexmediaserver/Resources/Plug-ins-23901a099/Framework.bundle/Contents/Resources/Versions/2/Python/Framework/api/agentkit.py", line 1076, in _update agent.update(obj, media, lang, **kwargs) File "/volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/plexmediaserver/plexmediaserver/Resources/Plug-ins-23901a099/LocalMedia.bundle/Contents/Code/__init__.py", line 59, in update localmedia.findSubtitles(part) File "/volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/plexmediaserver/plexmediaserver/Resources/Plug-ins-23901a099/LocalMedia.bundle/Contents/Code/localmedia.py", line 267, in findSubtitles if os.path.isfile(os.path.join(path, file_path_listing)) and not RE_METAFILES.search(file_path_listing): File "/volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/plexmediaserver/plexmediaserver/Resources/Python/lib/python2.7/genericpath.py", line 37, in isfile st = os.stat(path) UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xed' in position 22: ordinal not in range(128)

So still extended characters in the filesystem!

This one

And in com.plexapp.agents.localmedia.log

Now I know where is the issue! I just put some movies with subtitles to separate folder, just to tested, and its working. Thank you very much dane22, much appreciated.