Plex crash at launch on nexus7 4.4.2

chromecast

I updated my nexus 7 2013 to Kitkat 4.4.2. I started a cast and push home button. After, i cleared the notification where the Plex cast control was and it dis apparemment. Since then, i cant launch Plex without à crash.

It keeps crashing on my nexus 5 also... constantly!

What exact version of the Android app are you running?

There was an update to the Plex Android app today...update it and see if you are still having these issues.

I had this problem on my phone too, clearing data and cache for the Plex app fixed it. Perhaps some old setting was annoying it?

Not the same but quite close: randomly the Plex icon disappeared from my Nexus 7 2013 homescreen and since then it doesn't find my Chromecast (the chromecast app finds it, and I can cast videos from youtube either from desktop and tablet).

Any ideas?

tschoppy3@gmail.com, try uninstalling/re-installing the Android Plex app.

I have had dozens of crashes and sent just as many crash reports. Both normal Android-style and also when I at last manage to open the app (by force closing it first) I get a prompt from within the app.

I guess you receive these?

I will try to reinstall to fix the problem.

Re-installing will often work.  I know the team is also tracking (and working to fix, of course) some other causes of crashes.

Be sure you've got the latest version, as I believe an update went out today.

Re-installing will often work.  I know the team is also tracking (and working to fix, of course) some other causes of crashes.

Be sure you've got the latest version, as I believe an update went out today.

Latest installed after uninstall from the old one, now let's see how it works out..

This was happening to me a lot as well, even after the update from Dec 13th. A full uninstall of the app and re-install from the Play Store seems to have resolved it on the Nexus 5 for me. 

I get the issue too on the N7 pre 2013 model, app crashes shortly after opening. The error is a java lang memory exhaustion error. I have sent over a dozen errors to plex to try and highlight the problem.

I've re-installed the app, and also tried the non plexpass version, same problem. I've cleared partition cache but still the app crashes.

App works fine on my N7 2013 and N4 though.