Plex for Alexa in Australia

alexa
voice-control

Now Alexa has launched in Australia, I can’t add the skill - which I had when I was in the US store. When can I add the skill in Australia?
This is very frustrating.

Ditto! I was happy to switch my US account over to an Australian one yesterday but then I found the same issue. One of my main uses of the Dot as well. Why geo-restrict a skill like this?

Amazon rolled out official Australian support right before the holidays. We have to get certified again when we push the new configuration to enable all English regions. We're currently working on this and it should be widely available soon.

That's awesome news Vanstinator. Thanks so much for the feedback there. I thought it was some restriction Amazon had placed on the skill.

Here's how Plex employee handled my question re : Canada.

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/304027/is-it-now-safe-to-assume#latest

+1

Its been interesting how many Skills are missing from the Australian Skills section

@vanstinator said:
Amazon rolled out official Australian support right before the holidays. We have to get certified again when we push the new configuration to enable all English regions. We're currently working on this and it should be widely available soon.

It would be great if you could give an update on progress (i.e. likely release date)? I know it has only been just over a month, but any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

I'm looking for an update on the timeline for Au Plex support too please......
Are we looking at days, weeks, months or years? Love Plex.... Love Alexa..... just
want them to work together ;-)

Yep, eagerly awaiting this too. Certainly not Plex's issue, but the number of skills available in the AU region is dismal and having Plex functioning would go some way to alleviating that!

We should be out soon. We've been working through some challenges with the certification of the new release but we're just about there.

great news

Thanks for the update

Hi Vanstinator. Any news on a release date?

Hi vanstinator, sorry to be yet another person nagging about Australian Plex support for Alexa, but when you mentioned in your earlier post that "we're just about there" were you thinking weeks, or months. It would be just nice to get a feel for how far off this support might be. Thank you.

Hi @vanstinator , any news on Plex for AU Alexa?

We passed our certification tests. We're hoping to release very very soon.

Hi Vanstinator

Once again, thanks for keeping us up-to-date.

Thanks for the update - fantastic news.

We're live! It may take a few hours to show up in your store. https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/comment/1612884/#Comment_1612884

It's showing for me. I have installed the Skill... but its a Friday, so I wont get to play with it until tonight.