Plex for Kodi not listed as Streamingtarget

plex-for-kodi

Hey Guys,

i just set up my Plex for Kodi installations. So far it is working fine. I am able to connect to my Plex-Server and it is playing Media. (Kodi on XBian on a RaspberryPi 3). The Pi is connected to my living room TV, so i would like to be able to select the LivingRoom TV as a Streamingtarget. But no Plex-App (not iOS, not Android, not Windows) lists the Kodi-Device as a Streamingtarget...

What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions?

Thanks for your replays

Regards
Thorsten

@faithless said:
Hey Guys,

i just set up my Plex for Kodi installations. So far it is working fine. I am able to connect to my Plex-Server and it is playing Media. (Kodi on XBian on a RaspberryPi 3). The Pi is connected to my living room TV, so i would like to be able to select the LivingRoom TV as a Streamingtarget. But no Plex-App (not iOS, not Android, not Windows) lists the Kodi-Device as a Streamingtarget…

What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions?

Thanks for your replays

Regards
Thorsten

Plex Kodi plugin does not support ‘Companion player’ yet.

is it planned to be implemented?

From the ‘Planned Features and Known issues’ sticky…

Planned Features

• Finish Sorting / by Episode / Season for TV shows, List / Album / Folder for Music, Folder for Home Video & Photos
  • TV Theme Music
  • Plex Companion (No Alexa support currently!)
  • More Keyboard Controls
  • Need to add ability to select different version of movie when multiple are present

Plex companion is 100% the most important upcoming feature for me. We have chromecasts on every TV in the house, except one (which doesn’t have hdmi). I’m using a Pi3 with kodi for that TV, and we have to use the Kodi remote control app to control plex on that TV only. Does anyone know if this feature is a priority or how far along development for this feature is?

Nope, nobody knows.

Any news around this topic? It has been a while since April TY.

I too would like to see plex companion implemented.

I need this feature too pls:)

Any news about plex companion plans?

Bumpy bump
I’m highly interested too. It is the last piece missing so i can definitely remove emby addon from kodi