Plex from iPhone X (iOS 11) via AirPlay won't play on AppleTV3

apple-tv

Hello.

I just setup my old AppleTV 3 in the bedroom but for some reason I can't get it to play my movies and tv shows from Plex. I'm using my iPhone X with iOS 11 to stream from via AirPlay. When I choose the AppleTV 3 the screen goes dark 2 times and then it just stays on the app screen on the AppleTV 3. The iPhone app looks like it is still trying to play the movie via the AppleTV 3 but it never does. I have also tried from my girlfriends iPhone 7 and from our sons iPad, but nothing seems to work?

Same issue here, too. I have an iPhone 6s and my wife has the 7. Neither will stream to the appletv via airplay. Same thing above happens to us - screen blinks twice then spinny wheel.

same here... this is going for at least three weeks for me

Seems like a bug. Got the same problem as you guys, tried multiple iOS devices. Hope there is a fix soon for the AppleTV3 users. :smile:

Thanks for your replys, I can see on my iPhone today that Plex has pushed an update for the iOS app that regards the AppleTV 3, so I hope the problem has been fixed.

Hi I have the same problem from Ipad 3 on Apple TV 3 the monitor turns on and off twice and it does not work, has anyone fixed the problem?

It seems to be back up and running now. Thank you.

Still isn’t working for me… but found a workaround: mirroring iPad to Apple TV3 before launching the video. Works, but with buffer pauses…