Plex is unable to start due to error

android-tv
fire-tv

I am running plex on the Amazon Fire and I keep getting this error "Plex is unable to start due to error". I reinstalled the app and it worked until I closed the app. When I went to open the app, I got the error again.

I have been seeing the same error on my 2nd gen fire tv. Until tonight, I've been restarting the fire tv to clear the error. Tonight I had to manage the app, clear the cache and data. I then had to re-link and it worked.

I doubt it should need all of that.

Variations on this problem have been going on for at least a year. The last time I tried to report it logging wasn't working either so there wasn't much I could do to help and I didn't bother the countless times it occurred after that but now this occurring on almost every opening attempt.

I have to take the same steps as rbf072858 to get the app to even open again.

Here's a log of two attempts to open Plex, both of which resulted in 'Unable to open due to an error'. I forced closed the app between opening attempts:

https://pastebin.com/raw/MVWQ5vYs

This bit seems to be relevant:

07-04 01:32:43.994 e: [AnvergoChannel] Failed to open.
07-04 01:32:43.994 e: An exception occurred: java.net.ConnectException: failed to connect to /127.0.0.1 (port 32434): connect failed: ECONNREFUSED (Connection refused)
07-04 01:32:44.002 e: Stacktrace: java.net.ConnectException: failed to connect to /127.0.0.1 (port 32434): connect failed: ECONNREFUSED (Connection refused)
at libcore.io.IoBridge.connect(IoBridge.java:124)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:183)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:456)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:882)
at com.e.a.a.l.a(SourceFile:197)
at com.e.a.q.a(SourceFile:198)
at com.e.a.q.a(SourceFile:172)
at com.e.a.q.a(SourceFile:358)
at com.e.a.ag$1.a(SourceFile:117)
at com.e.a.a.b.o.k(SourceFile:329)
at com.e.a.a.b.o.a(SourceFile:246)
at com.e.a.i.a(SourceFile:276)
at com.e.a.j.a(SourceFile:234)
at com.e.a.i.a(SourceFile:196)
at com.e.a.i.a(SourceFile:34)
at com.e.a.k.b(SourceFile:162)
at com.e.a.a.i.run(SourceFile:33)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1112)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:587)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:818)
Caused by: android.system.ErrnoException: connect failed: ECONNREFUSED (Connection refused)
at libcore.io.Posix.connect(Native Method)
at libcore.io.BlockGuardOs.connect(BlockGuardOs.java:111)
at libcore.io.IoBridge.connectErrno(IoBridge.java:137)
at libcore.io.IoBridge.connect(IoBridge.java:122)
... 19 more

This issue now exists and it's been a long time.. I guess Plex team can't fix it.

@plexcabb said:
This issue now exists and it's been a long time.. I guess Plex team can't fix it.

They might - if they ever worked on it.
It's hard to tackle bugs and make improvements when the building is abandoned.

Doesn't look like they really want to fix it.

@JuiceWSA said:

@plexcabb said:

They might - if they ever worked on it.
It's hard to tackle bugs and make improvements when the building is abandoned.

Stop posting nonsense.

@plexcabb said:
Doesn't look like they really want to fix it.

That is the obvious conclusion unless they are 'unable' to fix it. If that is the case I can understand why they simply don't get involved in any pleas for aid - like these, for instance:
https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/comment/1474397/#Comment_1474397
No sense jumping in the lake to save a drowning man - if you can't swim.