Plex Music Tracks filtering: how to include both 4-star and 5-star rated tracks?

plex-web

Noticed this a few days ago after getting the new Plex Web. I like the potential of the new "Custom filter"-update but I am having some issues with accomplishing what I want to do with the filters.

1) Earlier I could display my track-list containing only tracks with 4 and 5 star ratings. Now I can only choose 4 or 5 star rating filter. Or am I missing something? I like to filter out tracks with only the two or three best ratings (my saved ratings after years of registering)

2) With the new custom filter there are a lot of new possibilities, and I am looking forward to setting up some smart playlists that contain e.g. all "black metal" from "Norway" before "1999", which is something I could not do before. But adding a rating-filter to this seems to not be possible.

Any help or ideas on these issues?

I ran into the same thing, and thought they had dropped OR filtering when they added AND. But I figured it out and wrote it up in case it might help others:

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/261783/and-and-or-filtering

Thank you for your reply!

Unfortunately this is not what I am looking for. I am trying to include the rating of a track in the Custom Filter. And I am trying to include both 4-star rated tracks and 5-star rated tracks in the same listing. Seems to be impossible...

Oh, I'm sorry. It didn't click for me. There's no 'Rating' selection in the custom filter. I agree, it seems odd that the custom filter doesn't offer the same parameters as the standard filters.

Indeed it is...
I could have lived with the old filter, if I could use it the same way as I did before. I am quite certain that I used to be able to filter tracks by rating, and that I could check several ratings and not just one of them.

By using the Chrome-app for Plex, which was not updated to the last version, I managed to make the playlists I wanted.

I also got my suspicion confirmed: in the previous version it was possible to include several ratings in a filter, but now in the new version it is only possible to include ONE rating.. And in the Custom Filter it is not even an option to filter by rating. I can sort by rating, but not filter.

I find it a bit odd. Why was this change of function decided by the Plex team? There is some "unlogic" logic there :-p

Rating and Date custom filters have been added to Plex Web as of 3.1.1 (released on plex.tv/web today)

You can't do an OR, but you can do "Rating is greater than 3 stars" which will include 4 and 5 star rated tracks.

@chrishoage said:
Rating and Date custom filters have been added to Plex Web as of 3.1.1 (released on plex.tv/web today)

Actually, only Artist Rating has been added to Custom Filters. Between Artists, Albums, and Tracks, Artist is probably the least-used Rating.
You can't do an OR, but you can do "Rating is greater than 3 stars" which will include 4 and 5 star rated tracks.
So it really is "greater than," and not "equal or greater than?" I was just about to ask for clarification when I saw this note.

Actually, only Artist Rating has been added to Custom Filters. Between Artists, Albums, and Tracks, Artist is probably the least-used Rating.

The list of filters and operators is driven my PMS which will allow them to add new filters more easily. I have verified with the server team that more rating options will be coming in the future.

So it really is "greater than," and not "equal or greater than?" I was just about to ask for clarification when I saw this note.

I just double checked, it is "greater than" and not "equal to or greater than"

@chrishoage said:

The list of filters and operators is driven my PMS which will allow them to add new filters more easily. I have verified with the server team that more rating options will be coming in the future.

I just double checked, it is "greater than" and not "equal to or greater than"

Thanks, Chris.

This is awesome, thank you!
Now everything works as I wanted it. Track-rating combined with sorting and other custom filters equals so many possibilities to create the perfect playlists/tracklists.

Great work!
I feel like I want to buy another Plex lifetime soon. Its getting a bit too cheap for being such a great product!