Plex only plays audio commentary, no matter which audio track is selected on select 4K movies

roku

This has been happening to a few 4k movies I have up on my server. I have one recent movie which has DTS 7.1 and AC3 stereo audio tracks, and while using the Plex Pass channel, the only audio I hear is the commentary, regardless of which audio track I pick.

I have direct play "forced" and allow direct stream enabled, since I don't want Plex to transcode any 4k files and lose picture quality.

Is there a work around/fix for this?

i often have problems of changing audio tracks on roku but they don't actually change

@Skydiver718 said:
This has been happening to a few 4k movies I have up on my server. I have one recent movie which has DTS 7.1 and AC3 stereo audio tracks, and while using the Plex Pass channel, the only audio I hear is the commentary, regardless of which audio track I pick.

I have direct play "forced" and allow direct stream enabled, since I don't want Plex to transcode any 4k files and lose picture quality.

Is there a work around/fix for this?

We have added a few fixes to our Plex Pass channel to better handle copying 4k video during playback, so you shouldn't lose quality if the audio has to be converted (or if we have to transcode to be able to pick your audio track). I would suggest disabling "forced" direct play because that doesn't allow us to choose an alternate audio track if both tracks are in the same language. The update is available via our Plex Pass channel. We will be submitting this to Roku to get our official channel updated, but that will take some time as it has to go through the review certification process.

Thank you!

Okay, so disabling "force direct play" now causes 1080p movies to constantly buffer; sometimes every 5 minutes, sometimes every minute.

For 4K movies, there are glitches in the picture, which makes it unbearable to watch (using DTS 5.1 or DTS 7.1). Enabling "force direct play" now causes the audio to not work (AC3 5.1), whereas previously, it would play perfectly. Are you guys aware of this?

Hopefully it's not just me.

I've got the same issue.