Plex player on Samsung TV gets stuck during initial buffering

smart-tv

I have started having this highly annoying problem lately that the Plex player on my Samsung TV (55" 7 series, model UE55KS7000S) keeps getting stuck when starting to play back a file, just showing the buffering symbol and stopping to respond. For example, it doesn't work to press Return on the remote control. The only way to regain control of the player is to press Exit on the remote, and restart the app. I have version 3.2.2 of the Plex for Samsung app, Tizen version 2.4.0 and server version 1.12.0.4829 on OS X. I've disabled Direct Play and Direct Stream already, since it resolved an issue I was having with frequent buffering hiccups during playback.

This problem doesn't happen all of the time, but it's become very prominent and it's not even entirely deterministic. For some files, it'll happen all the time and for others some of the time. Please help!

I have the same issue. I have to disable subtitles to be able to launch a video.

I don't have found help here, so i have decidev to take a LG Tv and sell my samsung...