Plex Roku Preview - coming off screensaver - update progress times?

roku

Not sure if the Plex App gets notified when a key is pressed to come off the Roku screensaver - but if the app is notified and knows that screen is exited from the screensaver to the last displayed content, would like the app to update the progress info on the screen

For example if screensaver kicks in part way through a music track or music track in a playlist then when screensaver exited later the times displayed on the screen are misleading showing partial progress in playback, I am referring to mm:ss / mm:ss and the yellow bar and track name, At the moment it gives the impression it may have aborted playback when in fact it got to the end 

Thanks for the report. I have noticed that issue too, which seems like a roku bug, but something we'll have to workaround. When a screensaver is running, the underlying screens do not get updates, so we'll need to look into refreshing the current screen when the screen saver is closed (globally). One wouldn't think it, but knowing when a screensaver is running or not is actually a tricky thing as it's outside of our control.

Not sure if the Plex App gets notified when a key is pressed to come off the Roku screensaver - but if the app is notified and knows that screen is exited from the screensaver to the last displayed content, would like the app to update the progress info on the screen

For example if screensaver kicks in part way through a music track or music track in a playlist then when screensaver exited later the times displayed on the screen are misleading showing partial progress in playback, I am referring to mm:ss / mm:ss and the yellow bar and track name, At the moment it gives the impression it may have aborted playback when in fact it got to the end 

Thank you - i was not sure if you got told or not.

Thanks for adding it to the things to look into

It did cause me spend some time investigating and looking into logs once because i thought it crashed part way music streaming when i came back to the room and noticed music stopped. In fact it came to the end !!!

This issue was fixed in version 0.6.9. A new screensaver has been added in version 0.7.2.