Plex Skill Australia

alexa
voice-control

Hi Support
So Alexa has just launched in Australia.
So i would like to know when the plex skill for Australia will be available please
Thanks Inadvance

I realize you speak the same english as the rest of us, but don't ask here about the skill more than once, as there is a badged 'employee' named appropriately BigWheel, that will act like a total ass weasel for a Pass Member daring to ask why a checkmark can't be selected on the skill to enable your country. I'm in Canada, I asked first in November, I was using the skill before Echo came here. Once the geofence went up, Plex became an echo chamber.

Good luck with your questions, but some employees here are p r i c k s.

Cheers from Canada

Ray

Sorry to hear that, and i did see you post before i did mine.
So hopefully someone in the Plex team could respond to this.
It is very strange that something so simple can not be resolved.
Upto yesterday the actual Amazon Alexa app was not downloadable for us in Australia.
It is now.
As you said i realise that there are some differences in speech etc. but it cannot be that hard if the Alexa Echo range now support Australia.
COME ON PLEX SUPPORT. PLEASE RESPOND
Thanks inadvance

Oh I don't think our dialects are THAT different... I mean voice translation is pretty good nowadays, Sometimes I don't even say the word right, and it's still bang on. The only thing I noticed is if you leave the invoke word Alexa, don't say Alexis... stays lit up, takes your request, and dumps them. lol Typical woman. If there is a problem either with Amazon, or Plex, come clean. I know the US skill worked excellent until ~ dec 1 2017 when Amazon threw up the Geofence. I was just using a fake US address and a DNS changer before. Once my Echo stopped doing anything until I reinitialized it as Canadian. The translation happens in Amazon's endless cloud, so expand-ability shouldn't be an issue for either party. So unless they F**ked up the skill after Dec 1, (thought I read they were messing with Music... dunno why, Music is Plex's weakest point, unless they are prepared to make a music server like Subsonic, it's subpar. The actual power at Plex, not Mods with a Power trip should issue a blog post regarding enabling the Echo english skill in all Echo supported countries. If not, why?

I was put off enough after his post, even though I have a lifetime plexpass, I installed Emby, I used to check on it ~every 18 months. They caught up fast. Music still not as good as Subsonic, but better than Plex. They have Alexa support, for paid, and not yet in either of our countries. First to get voice wins I guess. I expect decent support, I don't ask many questions, I know how to fix my probs, 99% of the time, across the 3 major Os's... This question was THEIR end. I followed up because another employee said it was already in Amazon's hands.. funny, as all of my other home automation skills were available within a week of debut. I set up systems for disabled, quads and neurological damaged etc.... I told them to pre order their Echos, assuming Plex would come through. I've offered to trade them for what they paid for their Echos or an Emby Premier Pass... 5 took me up on Emby. They are actively working on Alexa support in Canada, but they at least admitted to technical problems, check their forums...

If Plex allows mods like that to speak for the company, it will fade away. Competition is good though. Like I said, Emby stepped up their game.

Cheers.

I hear you. I used to live in Canada (Originally from UK) so all this nonesense around the geofence drives me insane.
I am also a Plex Pass lifetime member and sometimes for all that feel i do not get much support.
I mean they will not fix this but will develope a VR environemnt. They promoted Amazon Echo months ago so i feel that they do have acommitment to make it available globally and not just the US. after all they did not point this out when we sunscribed.
Hopefully some one from Plex will read this and feel that it is appropriate to resolve or even reply would be a start.
Fingers crossed

I'm expecting a proper member of the team at least be transparent. You are right, Plex wants to be in all markets, you offer the same available services. Amazon did the roll out, we all are speaking English, so what's the issue. Yes VR at this point in time is a waste of programming power, as was PlexAmp, and as I said even the improved Music section isn't great, nor is photos.

Plex needs to stick with it's core, Movies and TV, transcoding and remuxing, and delivery and index. Improving the UI by adding voice would help the aging UX. Maybe i'll throw up a separate server for my kids, set them as my Plex user. The rest of the family just may keep Emby, it's grown on me immensely in the last 2 weeks. Clients seem to like the extra features like hitting favourite to mark the shows you're watching. Also nice hitting shuffle on a genre and letting it pick a show.

Either way, it's not just for me, It's the clients I setup. They ultimately decide what software based on the facts. I was a cheerleader for Plex, but now I've been mentioning Emby as well, let them try both out on a laptop.

First to get voice working will get some people. The 5 I mentioned wanted to switch. You don't get to vote anymore except with your dollars, Plex got mine, good software, stable, absolutely no regrets. Do I want to stay, undecided. This new news service sucks ass, I hope they didn't sell the farm to get it.

Good luck,
Ray.

Thanks for the Emby Idea.
Just downloaded it and testing as we speak.
It seems head to head the same features as PLEX But has a Alexa Skill available
So if anyone from PLEX is reading this i would recommend that you seriously start to look at your competition.
as they are starting to pass you with their technology

I do not have an ETA but we are hoping to be able to offer the skill in other English speaking countries soon. Please note that getting this approved is more than just selecting some check boxes.

Great to hear that support is coming.
Did you guys not get the email from Amazon back in Novemebr that Oz and NZ were coming on line, it was just around the time India and Canada came on board as echo languages?

It took me 20 minutes per skill to add the extra language support over the Christmas break and all my skills came out with the first wave of supported applications. so a little more than a tick box but still really simply.

We're in cert as of today for Australia, Canada, and India. We diverted to fixing some large playback issues that a lot of users were experiencing so we could ship a better product when opening up to the new regions. I expect this to be live soon.

@vanstinator said:
so we could ship a better product when opening up to the new regions. I expect this to be live soon.
Will you now also start working on the german Alexa Skill? The last official update on this was in November 2017:
http://forums.plex.tv/discussion/comment/1557960/#Comment_1557960

Thanks for the update.
That is all we ask, to be kept upto date when available
I am looking forward to it really soon
Many Thanks

@Wiidesire said:

@vanstinator said:
so we could ship a better product when opening up to the new regions. I expect this to be live soon.
Will you now also start working on the german Alexa Skill? The last official update on this was in November 2017:
http://forums.plex.tv/discussion/comment/1557960/#Comment_1557960

Yes. I'll be sharing details about our plan there in the next few days.

@vanstinator said:
We're in cert as of today for Australia, Canada, and India. We diverted to fixing some large playback issues that a lot of users were experiencing so we could ship a better product when opening up to the new regions. I expect this to be live soon.

How will we in Australia know when the Alexa Plex skill is certified and released? Will there be a post here or do we just keep checking the local skill library?

Yes this would be great. Can we make this announcement or updates on the process please

There will be updated patch notes and probably some light marketing in our standard channels when the update ships. Cert came back recently with some issues that we're working through and then we'll be under review again soon.

any updates please?

it has gone very quiet on this question.
There cannot be much difference between , UK, US and Australian accents....

Also Canadian.
I lived in all of them for a number of years

IS THERE ANYBODY THERE......