Plex Web/Server not loading on Safari

server-mac

Hi all. I have been experiencing some issues lately with the Plex Web/Server. The PMS works fine. I can access it through Chrome and through the PMP, but it is not working in Safari. I only see the Plex logo fullscreen, but thats it. Not even the Plex website is working on Safari, so I can’t even try to access it through there. Everything is up to date and I allready deleted all the cache. Can anybody point me in the right direction here?

I have been having a lot of issues with Safari lately as well. I am running Safari 11.1 on the latest High Sierra public beta (10.13.4). I am able to get further than that though. My library loads ok, and shows/movies begin playback ok, but fail out after about 5-10 seconds, and keep rebuffering.

I thought it may have something to do with this sticky post (https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/288753/howto-play-plex-videos-on-safari-11-taken-from-ismaelrvs-and-bigpeteto-thank-you-both#latest) but that didn’t seem to help with this issue.

Chrome works totally fine. I would just love to be able to take advantage of PiPer in Safari in order to watch stuff in the background while I’m working.

Sorry I don’t have any real helpful suggestions for fixing it, just wanted to add a voice and see if others have been having problems as well!

Do you also have the issue with the Plex website? That seems the weirdest issue of it all.

Have you tried Developer mode and Empty cache

@SE56 said:
Have you tried Developer mode and Empty cache

Yes I have, but no success.

I am running PMS on an older mac mini with OS X Yosemite. Could that be the issue?

@edoenjolanda said:
Do you also have the issue with the Plex website? That seems the weirdest issue of it all.

I haven’t had the weirdness with the Plex website itself that you described. That is super strange and I don’t really have any ideas on what would be causing that unfortunately.