plexmediaserver_1 does NOT have a server tab under FreeNAS 11 U4

server-freebsd

Issue is I cannot configure any server functions when doing the following under freenas (freebsd).

• Installed plexmediaserver plugin
  • configured the jail
  • mounted a dataset with media

I can hit the IP:32400 just fine as the screenshot shows but I cannot edit any “Server” functions as the tab is missing completely. I have blown away the plugin and jail multiple times and rebooted FreeNAS. I have used the PMS updated linked below and it says that the plex server is running, also I checked myself.

I just do not understand as I am following the instructions several youtube vids and docs show.

can you try a standard install? Create a standard jail (not a plugin), and from the shell run 'pkg install -y plexmediaserver-plexpass'. Then run 'service plexmediaserver-plexpass onestart' and go to the jail-ip:32400/web...

The links in my signature give a longer step-by-step set of instructions, if you're so inclined...

@ahughes03 said:
can you try a standard install? Create a standard jail (not a plugin), and from the shell run ‘pkg install -y plexmediaserver-plexpass’. Then run ‘service plexmediaserver-plexpass onestart’ and go to the jail-ip:32400/web…

The links in my signature give a longer step-by-step set of instructions, if you’re so inclined…

I’m still facing the very same issue after following your steps.

The first time I load plex it asks for credentials. After login no setup screen is shown (image above)

Do you have any workaround for it?

@kellerbass i'll spin up a test jail and see if I can work through it.

Just to be sure, did you install the plexmediaserver-plexpass, or non-plexpass version)?

@kellerbass - I was able to get plexmediaserver running without issues in my test jail...

after creating a new jail and managing my dataset mount points, I logged into the jail via ssh and ran the following

pkg update && pkg upgrade -y && pkg install -y plexmediaserver nano
sysrc plexmediaserver_enable=YES
service plexmediaserver start

Then I browsed to the LOCALIP:32400/web and my "unclaimed media server was found..."

Let me know if I can help you troubleshoot anymore.

I have installed the jail, but when I install the plugin the way you have about i get no plugin. Is that normal?

And I am still looking for servers......