PMP 2.0 Embedded 7.2

plex-media-player

#1

@Achilles has 2.0 addressed any of the Higher End sound issues with NUC7iX?


#2

I know it’s along shot as it’s an issue with the underlying distro, but thought I would ask, and is that issue being tracked somewhere?


#3

With which OS platform?


#4

PMP 2.0 isn’t out for embedded yet, right?


#5

It is indeed :slight_smile:

https://nightlies.plex.tv/public-test/plexmediaplayer/embedded-testing/2.0.7.721-9a9cbad4/

Or for the latest:

https://nightlies.plex.tv/public-test/plexmediaplayer/embedded-testing/latest-full/

URL hack to your hearts content :slight_smile:


#6

@Achilles said:
With which OS platform?

Embedded on a NUC7iX


#7

@wesman said:

@Achilles said:
With which OS platform?

Embedded on a NUC7iX
Still gated by Intel and no support yet from them.


#8

I wish that this supported GUI WiFi configuration on the Raspberry Pi 3.

Note: I can and have used the OpenELEC connman connection manager to setup WiFi.
This prevents me from using PMP on the go. 1) I can’t SSH in and edit the configuration file without a network. 2) I can’t access the terminal on PMP with a keyboard. I guess I will stick to the Kodi addon with libreelec.


#9

@Achilles said:

@wesman said:

@Achilles said:
With which OS platform?

Embedded on a NUC7iX
Still gated by Intel and no support yet from them.

Being Tracked somewhere?


#10

@wesman said:

@Achilles said:

@wesman said:

@Achilles said:
With which OS platform?

Embedded on a NUC7iX
Still gated by Intel and no support yet from them.

Being Tracked somewhere?
Plex is further upstream from an OS kernel driver development deficiency. Its not being tracked by Plex as this is an Intel issue. It simply does not work on any flavor of Linux.

Embedded PMP runs on LibreELEC and the devs there also can not do anything. This will remain broken until Intel identifies and resolves the bug with their DRM-TIP kernel drivers.

If you want to track it, follow the bug reports I posted in the other thread. I am tracking it for myself due to self-interest and sharing that info to other fellow Plex users.


#11

Hello,
The sound feedback alone does not work for me? (Raspberry Pi2) (PlexMediaPlayer-2.0.7.721-9a9cbad4)
(The sound feedback only working embedded-testing 1.3.0.667-36070a43)


#12

@krystyan84 said:
Hello,
The sound feedback alone does not work for me? (Raspberry Pi2) (PlexMediaPlayer-2.0.7.721-9a9cbad4)
(The sound feedback only working embedded-testing 1.3.0.667-36070a43)
Off topic. This is about HD audio passthrough.


#13

@Achilles said:

@krystyan84 said:
Hello,
The sound feedback alone does not work for me? (Raspberry Pi2) (PlexMediaPlayer-2.0.7.721-9a9cbad4)
(The sound feedback only working embedded-testing 1.3.0.667-36070a43)
Off topic. This is about HD audio passthrough.

Ok sry.


#14

Is there any plan to incorporate some sort of GUI for configuring WiFi on the Raspberry Pi?

If that simply cannot be done may I suggest making some sort of hacky workaround where the user could insert the MicroSD into a PC and place a plain text file wifi1.txt wifi2.txt containing the SSID (non-HEX) and Passphrase on the FAT partition. Seems reasonable to me.