Possible for Drobo Plex Server accessing other drives on network?

server-drobo

I have been running a Plex server on my PC for a few years.... Server on PC with 2 WD External Drives on the network that the server accesses for media.

I recently took the plunge and purchased a Drobo and installed the Plex Media Server on there. At this time I don't have the storage capacity yet to move everything over. So for now I have moved movies over and am keeping my tv shows on one of the external drives.

Is there a way to make the Drobo Plex Server see the network and external drive? When I go into the menu to add tv shows and click browse folders it only gives me a listing of the Drobo iself and nothing else that I can access.

I have tried copying the ip address in there as well as the network address from my computer and neither worked.

That's a drobo issue -nothing to do with PLEX.

I have the 5N and while I can see the 5N on my network - the 5n cannot see the PCs and NAS on the same network.

Yes I am aware it is a Drobo issue. I posted in the Drobo section because it is a Drobo issue, in the hopes that someone who has a Drobo Plex Server had experienced the same issue and knew how to fix it.

Is this still an issue? I have two Drobo's and one has PMS running. The other Drobo (#2) is a file/back-up server with all my pictures. With the new picture features I created a library for pic's and I'm trying to point to #2 but cannot see it or find anyway to mount it. Does anyone have any suggestions besides copying them over to PMS Drobo #1?

@jonderak said:
Is this still an issue? I have two Drobo's and one has PMS running. The other Drobo (#2) is a file/back-up server with all my pictures. With the new picture features I created a library for pic's and I'm trying to point to #2 but cannot see it or find anyway to mount it. Does anyone have any suggestions besides copying them over to PMS Drobo #1?

Yes it is still an issue
You option is use #1 as PMS and storage. #2 is your backup!