Pre-roll on Roku

roku

I can't get a pre-roll.mp4 (PlexPreroll.mp4) file to play before a movie (on any Roku player).

It play's just fine before each and every movie on the Plex Media Server via a windows 10 PC / (unRAID).

Under Extras - I have the correct path of the .mp4 file and it plays fine on the PMS before every movie like it should.
/media/appdata/PlexPreroll.mp4

Any Ideas?

I’m having the same issue. I’d like to get this working.

I ran into this same issue. You need to enable the pre-roll on each Roku device. In order to do this log into the Roku, select the account at the top right and go to Settings. Under General you will see an option for “Cinema Trailers”. I changed this setting to “Play Pre-roll Only” and that made it work. Good luck!

@ebonitemaster said:
I ran into this same issue. You need to enable the pre-roll on each Roku device. In order to do this log into the Roku, select the account at the top right and go to Settings. Under General you will see an option for “Cinema Trailers”. I changed this setting to “Play Pre-roll Only” and that made it work. Good luck!

Yup, thank you. I really thought I looked through all the options but apparently I missed it. Thanks for the catch!