Problem with Camera Upload giving immediate error when trying to open or go into its settings

android-mobile

Hi,

I have been using the camera upload for a while and suddenly I get the following behaviour.

Try to open the camera up upload and it tells me it's already in use on the phone. The error is "Camera upload error Someone else is already using camera upload.

Have null select the myhome server
and return here to make changes.

Restarted both server and phone still same error. I have also cleared the plex app cache.

I can't even turn off camera upload as this error appears as soon as I select Camera Upload from the main list or from the settings page. The only option available is to click ok which returns me to the main menu.

Any ideas

Lee

This may be another manifestation of the issue reported here http://forums.plex.tv/discussion/279981/camera-upload-error-selected-server-not-available

Did you have a server named myhome before ?

If you did, then the way round the problem is as described by users on the forum thread I linked - uninstall and re install the app

If you did not, ten please ensure logging enabled and reproduce the error and get logs and screenshots
See my post here http://forums.plex.tv/discussion/279981/camera-upload-error-selected-server-not-available

Same issue after I updated 2 phones to v6.10.2.2954 on Android yesterday. Just uninstalled and reinstalled, and it’s now working. Unfortunately it’s uploading all my pictures again.

Thanks all got it working by doing the uninstall and reinstall, personally still think this a bug that should be fixed rather than having to use a work around but thanks for the help.

@cardy said:
Thanks all got it working by doing the uninstall and reinstall, personally still think this a bug that should be fixed rather than having to use a work around but thanks for the help.

To confirm it is the issue that is already raised with the development team - had you changed servers?

I don’t recall changing server however it is possible I did and it stopped working at that point. It was only when i expected some photos to have been uploaded and noticed that they were not there that i investigated further.

As i can’t be sure for now assume that I had i know I did the week before so maybe that triggered it if the issue re-occurs when I have not changed server I will raise the issue again.

This happened to me too, but I did not change any servers. It just started to happen randomly. Weird. I guess I have to reinstall the app to fix…

Thank you. That fixed my problem.

I didn’t want to uninstall either. I found sign out sign in again helped. Still seems a bit glitchy. (Turns off when I exit the setting) but got me past that error box

I was having the same issue, did a “Forced Stop” cleared the cache and data and now it works. Well now it’s re-uploading all my photos again, but at least it’s connected again.

none of the posted ideas is really a solution in any way, having to re-upload all photos is a bandwidth drain for me. Definitely no thanks.
I honestly cannot understand why some answers are marked as “Accepted”. Is the bar seriously that low among android users?

This started happening to me all of the sudden for no reason. No server name change, not even a server configuration change or upgrade.

I’ve tried all of the reported approaches that have at least re-enabled the feature for other people but nothing works.

It really sucks that I can no longer upload any photos.

@“e.acosta” said:
none of the posted ideas is really a solution in any way, having to re-upload all photos is a bandwidth drain for me. Definitely no thanks.
I honestly cannot understand why some answers are marked as “Accepted”. Is the bar seriously that low among android users?

This started happening to me all of the sudden for no reason. No server name change, not even a server configuration change or upgrade.

I’ve tried all of the reported approaches that have at least re-enabled the feature for other people but nothing works.

It really sucks that I can no longer upload any photos.

If you have not changed servers then please get some diagnostics so that your problem can be investigated

Screenshot of the screen
Plex for Android logs zip
Plex Media Server logs zip

See
https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201573117-Android-Android-TV-Fire-TV-Logs

https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201643703-Reporting-issues-with-Plex-Media-Server
https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/200250417-Plex-Media-Server-Log-Files

Yea, I just had to do this too… just FYI.

This happens to me as well. Logging out and back in didn’t help. Sounds like the latest app version is broken?

I get the "Camera upload error Someone else is already using camera upload.

Have null select the xyz server" message on my Android (mobile) client.

I have not changed server names, user names, or done anything with my account.

Updated server to latest (1.10.0.4523).
Restarted. Still happens.
Server logs attached.

@woovu said:
I get the "Camera upload error Someone else is already using camera upload.

Have null select the xyz server" message on my Android (mobile) client.

I have not changed server names, user names, or done anything with my account.

Updated server to latest (1.10.0.4523).
Restarted. Still happens.
Server logs attached.

Can you please also include Plex Android app logs as well - and if you can reproduce include a screenshot

See link to support article in my earlier post

I updated server to 1.10.1.4602.
Attached android screen shot, server log, and android log starting from mobile app restart.

@woovu said:
I updated server to 1.10.1.4602.
Attached android screen shot, server log, and android log starting from mobile app restart.

Thanks for the logs - on the android app - is there an option to send the logs zip to your email address ? I think we get more files from the android app when this is done. I want to see if there is any info on what username it thinks is using camera upload to the server.

I have the same problem. The error is "Camera upload error Someone else is already using camera upload.

Have null select the Home server and return here to make changes."

I’m using the Android client 6.10.2.2954 (0564b51) over wifi and remotely from the server’s network.
Manufacturer: samsung
Device: dreamlte
Model: SM-G950F
Product: dreamltexx
Version: 7.0

Here are my Plex for Android logs - collected via email.

Thanks.

@AndyKnox said:
I have the same problem. The error is "Camera upload error Someone else is already using camera upload.

Have null select the Home server and return here to make changes."

I’m using the Android client 6.10.2.2954 (0564b51) over wifi and remotely from the server’s network.
Manufacturer: samsung
Device: dreamlte
Model: SM-G950F
Product: dreamltexx
Version: 7.0

Here are my Plex for Android logs - collected via email.

Thanks.

Thank you for the zipped logs. This is being passed to the development team

Have you had any other plex.tv account signed into the app on this phone? (one of server share usernames?)

@woovu if you could get me the zipped logs after getting the error from the app, can then see if any similarities
Settings / Help / Debugging / Share debug data
and email to yourself and attach the zip here